X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Wriggle

Oh, I should probably give you a status update.

John is finally back in Gensokyo after crashing into the Misty Lake.

Isaac is, well, you get the idea.

Six and Robin just engaged the dragon and should kill him shortly.

Renamon is with Six.

We are almost there...
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

@ S121

According to my approximations...
      we could finish the Grima Prologue in 5-6 posts.

When Robin and Six confront Grima, let's say one of the Spartan Air Support ships gets shot down by the sorcerers and Grima, and graze by the area where Six and Robin are, knocking Robin off.
      That would get Robin to fall to the lake, then I would have the Risen and Grima prevent anyone from following him and trying to save him, then I have the post where Robin's spirit becomes one with Grima. Then Six can finish off Grima with that Lavaetinn (?) and then that's it.

Gonna take a quick shower and prepare a few things I need for tomorrow then I'll be here to finish that up.

Comment

I'm back from playing MGS 4. Anyways, I think I found out the chronological order of the MGS series.

MGSIII: Snake Eater

MGS Portable Ops

MGS Portable Ops + (if that's even considered a part of the story, which I highly doubt)

MGS Peace Walker

MGS Ground Zeroes

MGSV: Pantom Pain

(more to probably come)

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal Gear Solid

MGS2: Sons of Liberty

(This part I'm not sure what came first, but I'm going out on a limb)

Metal Gear Revengance

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots

And quite possibly more to come spinning off from whether or not Raiden continues his adventures (if he's even alive by the end of MGS4 or MGR) or maybe... actually, if Raiden dies after this, then that's it. The story is friggin' done... unless Raiden's son and/or Olga's daughter Sunny decide to work in the armed forces.

Comment

@Cucoo

Ok.

@Wonder

Wow!

I didn't know there were that many Metal Gear games.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yea, neither did I until I listed them all. And god knows that Hideo will include more Metal gear solid games to fill in the fresh little gaps inbetween. And like I said earlier, the story is friggin' done unless Raiden's son and/or Olga's daughter, Sunny, decide to work in the armed forces. And as if things couldn't get any longer, imagine if they had children that decide to be in the armed freakin' forces, and the generations after that until Big Boss and Solid Snake's very existence turns from a legendary soldier's story to an actual legend. As a matter of fact, imagine, Hideo already made another name for the newish installment, Metal Gear Revengance. What if the story goes on into a new metal gear series, Metal Gear Cry or Metal Gear Rebirthing.

Comment

@Wonder

I think they were making another game with either Snake or Big Boss, but I'm not sure. It was the one they showed at the Xbox One's unveiling.
              sigpic

Comment

Yea, that was the Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

Btw, that actually sounds cool for a Metal Gear series title. Metal Gear Cry or Metal Gear Rebirthing.

Comment

@Wonder

Ahh.

As for the made up titles, I like Metal Gear Rebirthing better. It has a better ring to it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea, I agree. Metal Gear Cry would be like an 'End-of-Series' Thing, where the creation of metal gears -- and possibly war altogether -- ends. The main characters' stories are over, no one to pass on their legacies, it all just... ends, which is the kind of game that deserves the title 'Metal Gear Cry.'

Comment

@Wonder

I was thinking that the cry meant the roaring cry of a Metal Gear, but I guess I could see that too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea, that's what I was thinking too...........

WAIT!!!

What if... for the final game 'Metal Gear Cry...' There were no longer soldiers at all. If you look at the series, it shows how slowly, metal gears have been replacing things necessary for war, i.e. tanks, choppers, ships, and at MGS4, even soldiers at some point. What if in MGC, there are no more soldiers, just unmanned metal gears, and Jack and Sunny were the only human soldiers left, with the sole purpose of ending it all. In MGS4, Old Snake states that 'war... has changed.' In this time period, war has now completely changed to a level unimagined by any of the legends. That's a cool plot, no?

Comment

@Wonder

It would be interesting, but there would have to be some humans running around, like in the areas Metal Gears can't access.

I get where you're coming from though.

It would be even better if you got to control them too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ikr!? Oh, that's a seller!

Btw, I guess I forgot to mention this in the narration, but... the one that is still on the ship isn't Gerard, but actually Daiyousei. That's an error on my part. Shiki and the others escaped and are headed to the medical camps.

Comment

@Wonder

Ok, editing my post.

Please stand by...
                              sigpic

Comment

Yea, but either way, if it's going to be the last one, it's gotta be epic! It's gotta be awe inspiring! It has to be tear-jerking! It has to be something like the equivalent to 'Rambo on the Titanic!'

Comment

Working...
                                X