Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's okay S1. I figured you fell asleep.

Shadow is indeed intelligent, but he wouldn't eye John's guns. He would actually glance at John's guns occasionally throughout a fight, but Shadow wouldn't actually go for them unless John drops them after being smacked into a building. Then when John is getting up Shadow would go after one of John's rifles then it would be a firefight between two powerful beings.

Comment

@SUSTIC

In other words, John's not the only character that can use a Character's items against them. I'm actually surprised no one else in the RP has done that with the clever characters.

I feel sorry for the street corner they decide to use for a battleground.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey guys.

@ SUSTIC
        Yea... Shadow... sorry for falsely taking control of him when I have no idea what his true personality. But keep this in mind. Ocelot left the emerald on the floor near the exit of the forest with a note attached to it saying 'Go ahead, keep it. If it's from your game, it's probably worthless. I just don't want an overpowered hedgehog chasing me for my entire life. -Ocelot'

Comment

It's okay Wonder. Shadow isn't a freak solely focused on obtaining the emeralds.

Shadow is a loner, to put it bluntly. He is rarely seen with others for an extended period of time, and distances himself from essentially everyone. He is usually soft-spoken, and only says what he needs to before a fight. If Shadow makes a threat, he has every intention of carrying it out. Shadow constantly refers to himself as the Ultimate Lifeform and thus belittles others as well as insulting their lack of strength. He has a ruthless edge in combat that all other characters in the series lack, and displays a natural "killer instinct". At times, Shadow is the most violent and merciless character in the series. Shadow's most infamous traits and quirks is his ruthlessness and aggression which leads to fear and a nervousness that inhibits characters from his pure "pragmatic" intent or sheer deadliness in combat and in a rampage. Numerous characters from various media of the Sonic series has shown absolute dread from encountering the Hedgehog in an all out assault in his darkest and most angriest. Such as various humans like GUN soldiers and Eggman from characters and heroes like Marine, Amy, and Cosmo. And his allies never treat him lightly, one of the few people specifically from Sonic that takes him seriously and with full intent of pure hostility instead of his usual jovial and cocky self.
          Alongside Shadow's dark and violent demeanor, he can be smug and stubborn. He treats others in a very callous manner, throwing in his opinion no matter how cold-hearted it is and not caring for whatever the response is. He is shown to be highly arrogant and self absorbed; one of many examples is in the 2006 video game, he (as Super Shadow) states that their battle against Solaris may actually be "a fair fight." He is also consistently serious, even when not on a mission, and he has no regard for silliness.
          On occasion, Shadow appears to have some degree of mental instability. This can be seen when he would often have hallucinations about Maria's face, or through his numerous threatening speeches. In most games Shadow is featured in, he pursues his foes with disturbing determination. The canon ending of Shadow the Hedgehog showed Shadow willing to destroy anything in his way to get to Black Doom.

Shadow also possesses a strong sense of identity, as evidenced when after falsely being told that he isn't the Ultimate Lifeform due to a lab report. He states to Rouge that even if his memories were fake, he is still Shadow the Hedgehog. Similarly in Sonic Heroes, during the Egg Fleet level, he mentions that even without his memories, he is still the Ultimate Lifeform, Shadow the Hedgehog. These qualities make him rarely susceptible to being manipulated by other forces.

Shadow is not without sentimental emotions and has shown a small sense of compassion from time to time. When Omega begins his attack in Sonic Heroes, Shadow could have easily forgotten about Rouge and engaged Omega without defending her. Instead, Shadow saves her from Omega, despite having absolutely no memory of her. He was also shown to be legitimately shocked when he learned that his goal of gaining the Chaos Emeralds to restore his memories was actually manipulated by Black Doom in order to wipe out humanity. Likewise, when the GUN Commander finally confronts him with his own memories of Shadow's nightmarish creation, Shadow agrees to face judgement if he was indeed responsible for the ARK massacre 50 years ago.

Shadow brushes off any kindness or sympathy that is sent his way. This is shown in Sonic Heroes, when Rouge showed concern for Shadow when he saw a broken android, Shadow curtly brushed her concern away. Also in Shadow the Hedgehog after Sonic suggested some "friendly competition," Shadow turned his back to Sonic and said, "Don't waste my time".

Despite Shadow being considered neutral in terms of alignment, he is considered an anti-hero by the most part with his overall motivation, which is dedicating his life to protecting mankind. He has also been selfless, such as nearly giving his life at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 to save Earth. Regardless, Shadow is still neutral, because he does whatever is necessary to get what he wants.

Where is Ocelot anyway?

Comment

In a California apartment taking care of the out of system Phantom and helping the spirits of the Drevis mansion to take care of the now grown up Aya. Something tells me that Mathael will be incapacitated by the end of the season, so when the higher power tells Ocelot that Mathael has been taken care of, he will first say that he didn't want to do it anyways, then tell HP that since the 'heroes' are taking care of other worlds, HP should give him missions that occur in the real world in order to support Aya.

Comment

Ah I see.

Comment

@Wonder

Actually, Malthael was sent to another universe by Isaac, Koishi, and Sariel.
                Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                sigpic

Comment

Therefore incapacitated, unable to do jack sh*t.

Comment

@Wonder

Now, it's just a matter of the demons.

John is now fighting the demons.

...And then John was a zombie.

Last edited by S121; 09-15-2013, 01:45 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anyways, guys, let's have a discussion... About what would happen if AtWaG were an actual video game. Not in the series, but irl.

Anyways, obviously it's been voted that John is the main character due to the fact that a. he's been around since the begining and b. he's been around more frequently. I've been around as frequently, but I wasn't here from the beginning, so... In any case, what I just mentioned with the missions and Ocelot? If there were two games, there might be a missions mode for like when you want to take a break from story mode but you still want action. As you progress in the story, more missions become available. If you pass a certain amount of missions, Ocelot and Aya will be available in the multiplayer mode.

Comment

@Wonder

Well, John may be the most frequently talked about, but I think the others deserve credit too. It just happens to be that John always makes choices that put him right in the middle of all the conflict, along with, as you said, frequency of posts. It also might have to do with John having a long term goal, trying to learn to live a normal life and "become more human".

I think it would be similar to X Men 3's take on the story, where separate stories are fleshed out and converge later on.

There would be a mission involving the main Arc, then it would branch off to the others, allowing the story to progress without off camera developments occurring, kind of like a "Mission Tree".

As Arcs converge, the characters become available in the main Arc.
                        Last edited by S121; 09-15-2013, 02:06 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Aye. And, if you pass the final game AND pass the other games AND unlock all characters in all games AND pass all missions from the mission trees, you get one last mission to unlock a special character... Mario from a made up game to be made in 2020 called Mario RX. Basically, it's a buff body-building Mario that sounds more russian than italian.

While we're on the topic, let's name ways to unlock characters.

Comment

I just know that masterchief is the most talked character since utsuh is the most active person here

But i still think that John is in the line between really powerful character and OP
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Yea, I tried to offset his power with taking the most punishment from the enemies and tried to offset his physical and mental strength with psychological weakness.

That being said, Mega and I have been trying to think up of upgrades for the other characters. What would you like?

Mega and I were thinking of giving Renamon and Nera elemental swords. They control fire and wind, but are sentient and like to talk.

There were a couple others, but I'm not sure if they fit.

I would recommend asking Mega about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Upgrades...hmm.

I still say that at at least ONE point, Mima should get and use a Minigun.

For Koishi...i don't really know. Maybe open that third eye of hers?

Maybe the Borealis could get space-faring abilities. And lasers. Especially the lasers.

For Hank and pals, probably a bigger arsenal, with bigger weapons from other games. I can imagine Hank having a gleam in his goggles if he got his hands on a Spartan Laser, or the Devastator from Serious Sam. (Which reminds me, I really should update Hank.)

Can villians get upgrades too? because other than the supporting cast for those characters, most of them are bad guys.

Also, on another note, i've been thinking. If Flandre can break anything, couldn't she break the fourth wall?

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X