Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Kingdom Hearts we have a perfect example of this.
    In KH BBS (chronologically the forst game of the series) Aqua describes it as "nothing but anger and hate". We also see Terra using darkness very much in this game, not because he is evil, but because he wants power.

In KH II mickey say that Darkness and Light are parallel and cannot exist without the other.

Riku also heavily uses darkness in this game, even taking the form of Ansem to do so.

The Organization used darkness in form of Corridors of Darkness, but only because of their usefulness. In reality they are said to be neither of light or darkness.

When Xemnas absorbs Kingdom Hearts he uses both Light and Darkness

Sora uses darkness in the game when he transforms into his antiform.

Taken shameless from the wiki:
    When Sora and the others confront Xemnas, he asks the warriors why they hate darkness. King Mickey replies that they do not really hate it, and are just scared of it. He goes on to say that the world has both light and darkness, and darkness is half of everything. He then says that it makes him wonder why they are scared of the dark. Riku answers that "it's because of what's lurking inside it", meaning Xemnas and the other villains.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

I actually have a good question.

What exactly is supposed to happen now that the light gate has been opened?

I'm just trying to get a sense of the plot.

Anyways, there really are a lot of various cases where the hero in a story has some kind of darkness within them. I think it's because lately, anti-heroes have taken the spotlight instead of your stereotypical hero. Anti-heroes are more human, more realistic. I suppose the same could be said for villains, but it's much less likely.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
        @Katrix

I actually have a good question.

What exactly is supposed to happen now that the light gate has been opened?

I'm just trying to get a sense of the plot.

Anyways, there really are a lot of various cases where the hero in a story has some kind of darkness within them. I think it's because lately, anti-heroes have taken the spotlight instead of your stereotypical hero. Anti-heroes are more human, more realistic. I suppose the same could be said for villains, but it's much less likely.
        There's a reason people love Dark Link.
        Aside from being even more badass than Link's badassery which is almost seemingly inconceivable...and only appearing once in OoT, a cameo in TP, PH and ST, as well as OoA, and as one of the main villains of FSA and AoL. (and that's all I can recall off the top of my head right now...)
        Ya and what does happen now that the portal thinf of light has been unlocked...

Comment

@S121

Well now that Kingdom Heart is here there will be a Golden Age (short tough). Everything will go good and everyone will feel happy. Then there will be plotting between different places. People will begin to see how Kingdom Heart with it immense power can be used as a weapon. Then they will begin to fight over it. This will be the second χ-blade war. It wil also bring something new to the place. I'm planning of having this also be the first character war. Different characters will fight to the death over Kingdom Hearts.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
            @S121

Well now that Kingdom Heart is here there will be a Golden Age (short tough). Everything will go good and everyone will feel happy. Then there will be plotting between different places. People will begin to see how Kingdom Heart with it immense power can be used as a weapon. Then they will begin to fight over it. This will be the second χ-blade war. It wil also bring something new to the place. I'm planning of having this also be the first character war. Different characters will fight to the death over Kingdom Hearts.
            ...seriously...?

.........................SERIOUSLY???

(/>A<)/ |_____|
            I NOW HAVE A NEW REASON TO DISLIKE KH'S STORY
            IT'S A RIPOFF OF LoZ: LttP!
            T3T yet the gameplay mechanics are fascinating in KH...
            Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-10-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Well that was a nice little nap...

Anyways, I suppose we'll see what happens.

How do people find out about the KH?

Now that the light has been unlocked, what will the Organization do now? Will they initiate the war?

(Curiosity, always getting the better of me.)
              Last edited by S121; 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Dark Link? I got the perfect picture on the subject of Dark Link (it's actually a comic.):
                Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

@Mega

Welcome back!

That comic makes a good point.
                  sigpic

Comment

@Cucoo
                    I clearly see similarities. There are some differences however (and a few smaller differences that tell where keyblades came from). The one difference I first see is that while the hidden land hold a great power, it doesn't affect the people before they get to it. Kingdom Hearts functioned like a campfire. If you stayed close you felt warm. If you wandered to far off you felt cold. Then there came people that wanted the campfire for themselves. The next difference is that whit Kingdom Hearts it eventually led to disaster. When men began to fight over the light darkness was born in their hearts. It got bigger and bigger, until it swallowed all the light that existed, even Kingdom Hearts. The world however was reborn from the light within the hearts of children. Kingdom Hearts however still lies buried in the deepest of darkness (Realm of Darkness). As the worlds are now they are splintered and damaged, sperated by vast distances of darkness and empty space. To fill in these gaps Kingdom Hearts need to resurface from the darkness.

This also means that currently you can go to literally any world right now. John could go and visit his world (he still have to travel there although he could use a Corridor of Darkness for that.)

As for the Organizations plans. They will simply sit back and observe.

Also, I'm sorry if I have been kind of inactive for the last few days. I'm working pretty much all the time I'm not in school at a cosplay costume I have to finish to Friday. I may post a few pictures (if I have time) tomorrow if you want to see. (WIP)
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

I know very little about LoZ to understand that ^^;
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Oh well. I should go to bed. Good night
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Sup guys. I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                            @Cucoo
                            The one difference I first see is that while the hidden land Sacred Realm holds a great power (Triforce), it doesn't affect the people before they get to it. Kingdom Hearts Sacred Realm functioned like a campfire sacred place/resting place of the Triforce. If you stayed close you felt warm. If you wandered to far off you felt cold. Then there came people that wanted the campfire for themselves (The war of humans that sought the Triforce). The next difference is that with Kingdom Hearts The war over the Sacred Realm, it eventually led to disaster. When men began to fight over the light, darkness was born in their hearts (Ganon and the Dark Realm). It got bigger and bigger, until it swallowed all the light that existed, even Kingdom Hearts the Sacred Realm. The world however was reborn from the light within the hearts of children thanks to the seven sages. Kingdom Hearts The Sacred Realm, however, still lies buried in the deepest of darkness (Realm of Darkness) Became the Dark World. As the worlds are now they are splintered and damaged, separated by vast distances of darkness and empty space. To fill in these gaps Kingdom Hearts need to resurface from the darkness. The Dark World became the base for Ganon to gain power and soon attempt to take over the Light World.
                            THE DIFFERENCES...

ARE THE SAME
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-10-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                              I know very little about LoZ to understand that ^^;
                              It's the fact that Link breaks into people's houses and breaks their stuff, attacks chickens, and when you think about it, just an overall douche.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

I'm awake now.

Post in IC.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X