Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

I'd say so.

@Wriggle

I think I've heard of that game.

It's a fighting game, right?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

yups.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

a cartoonish version of dead or alive for what I see
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Interesting thing, now that you mention it...

Last edited by S121; 11-15-2013, 12:50 AM.
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

yup, a spartan in dead or alive, a funny cameo in it
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Yep.

Last time I checked, they even wrote that into the Halo canon. XD
                sigpic

Comment

from fanon to canon~
                  I think part of the official Zelda Timeline is one such thing like that...

You know, I would like to see a Zelda that happens immediately after OoT that goes off of the "Hero Defeated" branch...

@ Katrix

Oh and I forgot to address the one question
                  it's the simpler interpretation than what I made it sound ^^; Lisa might be considered an android, which is by my definition a computer with a humanoid body in this case and an AI, which in the case of CASTs simulate full emotions and personalities. (Though I actually question whether it is actually an AI....because the way Phantasy Star canon makes it sound, they are a sentient race and not something that was created...but it contradicts itself in some cases...So I actually don't really know what they are.)

But anyway, what is the definition in the KHs universe for "what is a heart?"
                  because everything has slightly different views.
                  Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-15-2013, 05:13 AM.

Comment

@Cucoo

That would be a dark game.

Who would the hero be, now that Link is dead?

It had better not be Tingle...
                    sigpic

Comment

@ Mima
                      This had been bothering me for a while, but what glad is GlaDOS 'picking up?'

Comment

@ S121

Oh gawds if it was...
                        ...I cringe.

Though I think it would be another case where it would just be far enough in the future that a new Link rises.

Comment

@S121 and Cucoo

I figured as much after I read your conversation.

Having it set slightly into the future where Link had fallen to Ganon, yet far enough into the future where a new Link arises.

Comment

@Cucoo

Let's ask the wiki shall we?

What actually makes up a heart is a mystery in the Kingdom Hearts universe. Much research has been done to try and unravel the mystery, most notably by Ansem the Wise and his apprentices. However, this research only served to lower the barriers between worlds, set up the events for Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II, and cause many worlds to be plunged into darkness. It is known, however, that the heart is primarily made up of light and darkness, the latter of which formed due to people's greed.
                            Not much to see here sadly. One thing to know is that if you have a heart you have emotions. Note that having emotions and pretending to have emotions is two different things.

The heart appears to be responsible for the composure of memories, will, goals, and ambitions, as is the case in the transfer of Master Xehanort's heart into Terra and the internal struggle of wills inside Terra-Xehanort. Of course, this is not to say that a being without a heart cannot have these things, as Nobodies inherit them from their original selves.

The heart is also responsible for emotions, as beings lacking one, such as the Nobodies, cannot feel emotions.
                            There is also a few quotes we can use that may tell us something.

"Once, my master, Ansem, found an old system and made a copy of its Master Control Program... and used it to serve his own ends. This is the original data of that system. Here, data can be copied. Memory can be changed and easily manipulated. Tron is a digital entity, so why would he be any different? He obeys the rules of this world. Sora - what about you? Your heart, memories, your data, and your dreams. The bits and bytes that have made up your life so far - can you say for sure they are not just copies of someone else's?"

"You may think this is the realm of sleep, but there you are mistaken. Data does not dream. Cannot dream. You don't even have the slightest idea of where you are. This world is real"
                            This is something Xemnas and Young Xehanort tells Sora during his visit to The Grid(Tron). Had to remember the last quote myself. Not sure if I got it completely right.

"Sora, he's a program programs don't have hearts."

"No, you wrong. The Tron I knew had at least something."
                            Had to remember that last one too myself. The something he speaks of is a heart which have not developed completely. The thing is that hearts can also be nurtured. This means that some nobodies do actually posses hearts.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            someone is fighting for you.
                            –As long as you remember her,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

Shoot, for things like CASTs, there's things that would say yes and no to this.
                              For instance:
                              The heart appears to be responsible for the composure of memories, will, goals, and ambitions
                              This would say that Lisa would have a heart, but then the other quote along side what you said...
                              "Sora, he's a program programs don't have hearts."
                              would say otherwise...

This is interesting...
                              =w= If only PSO2 story fanon really existed to really explain...

What would be your judgment call on Lisa having a nobody?

Comment

@You're forgetting the whole thing and since I'm home I can get it from the game this time. Just realized that the qoutes are like 10 seconds from each other. Lol. I'll just include the whole thing.

Quorra:"He's a program Sora. Programs don't have hearts."

Sora:"That's not true. The Tron I remember he had something."

Sora: "Tron... Why?"

Young Xehanort: "That's what we do. Put the most precious things in the back of our mind where they are safe. Or in you case ... The most precious hearts?

Sora: "Not you again"

Xemnas: "The memory and heart is tightly linked."

Sora: "Xemnas!"

Xemnas: "Rub a few memories together, and you get a spark of emotion, a feeling. But in the digital world, memory does not work like that. Nothing is ever felt. You can hold a thousand, a million times the information, but there is still no heart with which to parse it. Once, my master, Ansem, found an old system and made a copy of its Master Control Program... and used it to serve his own ends. This is the original data of that system. Here, data can be copied. Memory can be changed and easily manipulated. Tron is a digital entity, so why would he be any different? He obeys the rules of this world. Sora - what about you? Your heart, memories, your data, and your dreams. The bits and bytes that have made up your life so far - can you say for sure they are not just copies of someone else's?"

Sora: "Yes! My memories and feeling belong to me."

Xemnas: "You had better check. Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label... Since you have been chosen."

Sora: "Choosen for what?"

Young Xehanort: You think this is the realm of dreams, but there, you are mistaken. Data does not dream, cannot dream. This world is real. You haven't the slightest idea where you are- that you have already wandered off the path
                                The only thing to say for certain is that if she really do have emotions. Now I'm sure that you'll say that you are certain that she does not have a heart, just like the nobodies right? Let's go to a much later place in the game and see what Xemnas have to say about nobodies and hearts.

Xigbar: "Oopsy daisy. Wasn't easy putting you into a second sleep, and he almost woke you up."

Sora: "So then, all that stuff that I just saw - did you put that in my head?"

Xigbar: "No, that wasn't "stuff", it was a dream. The falling asleep part was definitively our bad. But we can't put stuff in you head. Hey, I got an idea. Ask your heart. See if it's got a clue."

Sora: "Well... my heart was aching. That's why I kept going."

Xigbar: "Thank you, Sora's heart, for pushing him right into our clutches. Aren't hearts great? Steer us wrong every time."

Sora: "You know right, because you all have hearts! Axel and Roxas and Naminé and that other girl. I felt what Roxas felt and ... they laughed together, got mad, and they grieved. You have to have a heart to cry."

Xigbar: "It's about time you noticed."

Xemnas: "Indeed, a heart is never lost for good. There may have been variances in our dispositions, but a number of us unquestionably showed signs of a burgeoning replacement. Once born, the heart can also be nurtured. Our experiments creating Heartless, were attempts to control the mind and convince it to renounce its sense of self. But understand, one can banish the heart from the body, but the body will try to replace it, the first chance it gets, for as many times as it takes. And so I knew, even after we were divided into Heartless and Nobodies, it was just a temporary separation."
                                And thus we arrive at the "what happens if a nobody if he looses his heart to heartless? Can you have a nobody of a nobody?"

Just answer this. Does she show signs of having a her own personality and her own emotions?
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X