X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yukari's Resort

The pain was unbearable, but John recalled what he had to go through during the augmentation process.

(Come on John! You've survived unimaginable pain! You've felt as if your bones were breaking, as if their marrows were made of glass and were being shattered. You've felt as if your veins had been injected with napalm as well as the feeling of them being torn out of your skin. You've felt as if your entire body was on fire and that plated glass was being shattered and being worked in your body. You've even had the pain of feeling as if fire was burning along the nerves on your spine. This is nothing compared to what you've had to deal with!)

"This is nothing!"
    , John shouted to himself as he began to tolerate the pain more easily.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Is it really nothing?" Rumia taunted. "Feel within you..."
      Rumia's dark cloud wasn't only affecting John through physical pain. It was attacking John's mental capacity: poking through John's worst nightmares: brinks of death he has faced, innocent beings he had to massacre, and, worst of all, him not being able to save Cortana.

Honolulu, Hawaii

"Yes." Youmu sighed and went on. "Yuyuko-sama. How much do you love Mr. Axl?"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

"Oh, my. I... I don't know. But I am determined to make this day the best before we leave."

Comment

Honolulu, Hawaii

Youmu sighed. As expected from her childish mistress.
          "Yuyuko-sama." Youmu suggested. "I will allow you to stay for two days instead of one. However, you must tell me everything you know about my grandfather's whereabouts afterwards."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort, Balcony

Renamon went towards Nera "Hey.. you ok? she asked

"I don´t know.. that being´s aura was full of madness and destruction.. by Arceus what has he done in the past?" the jackal said looking at the horizon

"There are things we don´t know how to handle, just try to avoid that feeling, it will pass with time Nera" The fox calmed the jackal putting her paw on her mate´s.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"... Very well then. I will tell you everything I know, but know that even I do not know everything. When would you like to hear about it?"

Comment

Honolulu, Hawaii

"When you get back from Hakugyokurou is fine." Youmu nodded.
                "Oi! Yuyuko! Let's go jet skiing!" Yuuka shouted as the rest exited the hotel.

"Okay, what are we going to do about the ceiling?" Murasa asked as she entered the car: she has just finished a radio talk show, and was now heading to a photo shoot for her new album."
                "I'll have the company pay for a new one." Steven answered. "Until then, we'll have to use this like a convertible."
                "Ooh, how undignified it is." Murasa mocked Steven, who said nothing but just drove.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

John fought against it as hard as he could, trying as hard as he could not to break.

(It was not my fault! She died, so that I could live!)

("Don't make a girl a promise ... if you know you can't keep it."), Cortana's voice echoed in his head.

("Could you sacrifice me to complete your mission? Could you watch me die?")

("You have been called upon to serve.")

("You will be the protectors of Earth and all her colonies.")

("There will be a great deal of hardship on the road ahead.")

("You will become the best we can make you.")

("It asked, and I answered. For a moment of safety, I loosed damnation on the stars.")

("A collection of lies; that's all I am! Stolen thoughts and memories!")

("It was the coin's fault! I wanted to make you strong, keep you safe. I'm sorry, I can't...")

("I'm just my Mother's shadow... don't look at me, don't listen! I'm not who I used to be...")

("I have walked the edge of the abyss. I have seen your future. And I have learned!")

("This is UNSC A.I. Serial Number CTN0452-9. I am a monument to all your sins.")

("This place will become your home.")

("This place will become your tomb.")

John fell to his knees and held himself up with his arms.

It felt as if his mind was literally being ripped and frayed.

(I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I broke my promise and I'm sorry that I couldn't save you...)

(Have I failed? Am I insane? I'm sorry Cortana, I'm so sorry.)

(I am Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan John-117. I no longer have the UNSC, therefore, I no longer have a purpose. I no longer have a purpose, therefore, I have no reason to live.)

Just when all seemed lost, John grabbed at his one, final reason for living.

(I met some amazing people on my journey. I... I don't want to lose them. I don't want them to die.... I- I can't lose them. I can't give in now! If I die now, then who will protect them? Who will be watching their backs? You need to survive, you need to press on! You have sworn to protect them, NEVER let go of that!)

John slowly stood back up, still hurting from the physical pain, but renewing his resolve.
                  Last edited by S121; 06-21-2013, 02:28 AM.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"He broke." Rumia announced as the dark cloud evaporated, bellowing wind that blew Rumia's dark gown around.
                    "What's the time?" Yukari asked.
                    "3 minutes and 12 seconds." Rumia reported. Yukari made a "Not bad" face. "I'm honestly surprised in this guy's resolve."
                    "Who got the highest time again?" Yukari asked in curiosity.
                    "Reisen..." Rumia muttered, as if she was ashamed. "She lasted 15 hours befor I gave up."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

After a short pause John finally spoke.

"What's the next step?", John asked.

Despite the fact that John was still in pain, he still kept pressing on, not quitting for even an instant.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Have you ever heard of something called Play-doh?" Rumia asked John.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Have you ever heard of something called Play-doh?" Rumia asked John.

"No.", John said, confused as to what Rumia was talking about.
                          sigpic

Comment

"Coming! And must I say, you look stunning, Yuuka!"

I ran over to get changed. I stopped midway.

"Thank you, Youmu."

I turned around with a smile.

"But don't get used to ordering me around. I am the superiority, after all!"

I continued down the hall to get changed. I met Komachi there as well.

"Ah, Komachi! Are you getting prepared to jet-ski?"

"Well, you can say that..."

"Oh, that's right, you have yet to learn to-"

"Yeeeeaap, that's right!"

"Well who's going to help you?"

"Dante. He's a pretty good guy. Fun to mess with."

"Is that so? Well, I'm glad you found someone who-"

"WHO SAID I LIKED THE GUY!? I only met him yesterday."

"Well, I guess that is true."

I finished changing out.

"But ya know, Komachi... I never said you liked him!"

Comment

Yukari's Resort

"Play-Doh? You mean this?" Yukari gap'd a canister of colorful clay that children uses to make clay structurs.
                              "Yeah. That." Rumia said, grabbing the canister. "Lesson 1: build something... Anything... Out of this clay."
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort

As the jackal calmed down, the duo went back to the group "So you prepared his mind, I wonder what is the next step of preparation" the fox said looking at the scene
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X