X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engi-Con

"Hey, Rumia, I think there's a mini-concert going on over there." Murasa pointed at a faraway place where a small crowd was gathering.
    "Oh, let's go there!" Rumia smiled, and the two escaped. "We'll come back by dinnertime!"
    "No, wait!" Yukari tried to chase the two, but they were already prancing away. "This is important!"
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Engi-con

"I don't know. You play Halo? Why do bad guys try to scare me by saying my name? It's not that hard to figure out my name, you just look it up on the internet. That being said, you ruined my name anyway. My name is Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan John-117.", John replied in a casual tone, not at all affected by the Announcer's attempts at intimidating him.
      Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 03:03 AM.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

By wonder

"You always were on top o' the ball, John. Why should I care what your name is? My dad played your game, not me. But ya know what? I'll tell you my master plan, like they did in the old 10's show Phineas and Ferb. Ya see, these weapons 'ere at Engi-con? It was created by who? None other than the Neo-Yakuza! These were meant to be sent back to the Neo-Yakuza base. But now that you are going to leave with all the weapons, I'll have my head on a stake by the boss. But ya know what? I'm gonna repay you..."

The announcer raised his microphone stand. "By giving you a pain in the ass!!!"

He struck the stand into a little insision on the stage. Suddenly, the stage rose.

It turned into a giant four-sided amplifier.

"Ya know why I wanted to be an announcer? To use a microphone. Why? To sing! Why?! To rock!!!"

The announcer pulled out a guitar.

"This amplifier is more than a match to a tornado! If you are hit by a blast of this, you'll be sent flying! Andwe all know what happens when you land in water! Mae 100% by characters to move buildings! What's the best part? It's omni-directional!!! Gyahahahahaha!!!!!"

I spoke to John. "Listen. The stage is a rectangular prism, meaning that the sound blasts can only hit you at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degree angles. Stay in the corner areas of the giant amplifier. Once you get to a corner, try climbing up as carefully as you can. I'll try to do... Something."
        Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 03:14 AM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

John simply looked at the speakers.

"I'll keep that in mind.", John said to Huey.

john got into a safe position.

John raised his hands to the speakers and yelled at the Announcer.

"Did you know that I picked up a few new tricks? Here's one."

All of a sudden, John fired two large beams of searing light out of his hands and towards the speakers.

Each beam had to be as strong as a Spartan Laser cannon.
          sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

"Oh, never saw you do that before! But here's a trick that I earned!"

The amplifier began slowly repairing itself.

"It's no good! I'll try to use the electrical shock units to disable the amplifier."

"I highly doubt that! Time to play my first song!!!"

The announcer then struck a chord.

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Is that heavy metal?! John might have a hard time.

I was fighting the strong winds produced by the amplifier, which made the noise sound louder than 20 parades mixed together.

"John, to the corner, and quickly!"
            sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

John was already at the corner when the amplifier began to emit sound.

(Looks like I'm jumping up.), John thought to himself.

John readied himself and jumped 50 feet into the air, landing on the stage.

"If you played my game, then you'd know that I'm much tougher than I look.", John said as he pulled out his pistol and fired an armor piercing, high-explosive round at the guitar's fretboard.
              Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 03:37 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

"Oh, I know that, which is why I prepared a secret knock you off the stafe technique!"

The announcer then began... Dancing?

This was embarrasing for all of us...
                sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

John was a little amused by his enemy's strange "attack".

(What is this guy's problem?)

John jumped in the air, pulled out his rifle, and rained armor piercing, high-explosive death down on his opponent.
                  sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

I couldn't believe it... The announcer was dancing around the bullets! He weaved through the bullets and used the blasts momentum as his own. I didn't know that dancing would be used in combat for anything other than distractions or physical conditioning.

"Oh, and I was doing a little dance for you! How rude!"

The announcer stepped on a button on the stage sending grenades into the sky.

"Fireworks!"

The grenades exploded in mid-air, engulfing John in a flurry of explosions.
                    sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

As soon as John saw the grenades fly into the air, adrenaline surged through John's body.

John's eyes dilated, his heart raced, he gained a burst of energy.

John had gone into Spartan Time.

(Time to play dead.)

Right before the grenades exploded, John formed a darkness shield around himself and let the grenades explode.

As soon as he was engulfed in fire, he dissipated his darkness shield and went limp.

John landed right next to the Announcer and lied still, as if he had died or fell unconscious.

(And now to wait.)
                      sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

The announcer stood there, staring at John.

"... Bullsh*t."

The announcer quickly grabbed the microphone stand and kicked John off the stage.

"That was a bad perormance there, spartan! To die so easily!"

He drew the microphone close to him.

"LEERROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! !!!"

The strong winds sent John flying.
                        sigpic

Comment

Engi-con

John grinned inside of his helmet as he was blown away from the stage.

What the Announcer didn't know was that as John played dead, he had primed a grenade.

The grenade lying next to the Announcer's feet exploded, sending steel shrapnel, fire, and concussive energy across the whole stage.

(Always have a contingency plan.), John thought to himself as he soared through the Engi-con building and landed in the ocean.
                          Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 04:23 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

By Wonder

The announcer looked at his feet.

"Ah, very clever! But you see, though it wouldn't go far, I ould still kick it off, and the amp would be the only one to take damage!"

"Oh yea?"

I rushed over to the amp and unloaded the shock units, disabling the repair units.

"No, what are you... AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!"

The grenade exploded, and the amplifier began exploding as well. The announcer just stood there.

"... Heh... Heheheheh, hahahahahaha!!! This may be my last performance, but know this, John! You say you want to do good! But face it: you're a destroyer! You will always destroy something, no matter what! Even if you want to protect someone, yo have to destroy something in turn! It's never a clean slate for you! You can never become a human again! I remember a certain someone saying that you could become human again! Hah! The day you become human... WILL BE THE DAY I FINALLY SEE YOUR FACE!!! But look on the bright side! Dying in a final concert in an explosion is a much better way of dying than what the boss would've done to me!!! JUST EMBRACE YOUR DESTRUCTIVENESS!!! YOU COULD NEVER HAVE SAVED HER!!!!! GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The entire thing blew up at last along with the announcer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ocean Near Engi-con

John laid at the bottom of the ocean, contemplating what the Announcer said.

("You say you want to do good! But face it: you're a destroyer!")

("Even if you want to protect someone, you have to destroy something in turn! It's never a clean slate for you!")

("You can never become a human again! I remember a certain someone saying that you could become human again! Hah! The day you become human... WILL BE THE DAY I FINALLY SEE YOUR FACE!!!")

("YOU COULD NEVER HAVE SAVED HER!!!!!")

Then, Renamon's voice flowed through his mind.

("You protect by killing, and you know it is true John, Tell me when did you gave your own energy, life essence, or even blood to protect someone,you have to accept the facts, your usage of light is for destruction, not creation.")

("You on the other hand kill John, by melting that rock you showed your deepest ideas.")

("What will you do, shoot her or evaporate her with your guns?")

("... Before this is all over, promise me you'll find out which one of us is the machine."), Cortana's voice finally echoed.

(Why is it that everyone seems so disgusted by me? I only do what I was taught, and people look at me in fear and disgust. Am I supposed to be a saint? I can't be. Why is it that they can't see that I'm trying to protect them? Why is it that I can't be human? I want to be. Am I really just a killing machine? Am I a "Demon"? I'm sorry Cortana. That's another promise to you that I broke...)

John laid there for ten minutes, just contemplating what he had experienced, then stood up.

John looked up and saw the sun shimmering on the surface of the water.

He had to be at least 40 feet under water.

John closed his eyes and sighed.

(Damn it, John. You can't be thinking like this, not right now. You have to be the soldier they need you to be. Just keep pressing on... for them.)

John then suppressed his humanity again and began to walk back up the bottom of the ocean, towards the Engi-con.
                              Last edited by S121; 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Before John left for Engi-Con

"Very well. I will be waiting for your challenge." Said Akuma as he sits down on the sand in from of Yukari's Resort in a meditating position. His focus is now on suppressing the Satsui no Hado. He will be ready for the fight with John.
                                Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Working...
                                X