X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SUSTIC
    I would say me because of the fact that I love cats and would love to be a nekomata. But... Flandre is in this video so... Thigh-highs for life!
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Wriggle

I was trying to figure out Kristia's hints because if I'm right, then we're going to have an incredibly OP, insta-killing type of person. Do you know what "death tangents" are?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

@ S1

I actually really don't. I was just pointing out what I saw.

the strange thing is when I think Death Tangents I start thinking derivatives of death.
        ...because tangent lines.
        but then thinking lines makes me think string which makes me think of the Fates.

Comment

I'm pretty sure instagib characters are pretty much banned from the RP.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle
            >Instagib characters are banned
            >Has/had a character that has the potential to do so

Also, posts? Well... Katrix went to bed and I... I could post a little filler but... I'm getting tired and I'm thinking of just going to sleep. Looks like Utsuho's training regime really tires you out.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@Wriggle and Cucoo

"a straight line or plane that touches a curve or curved surface at a point, but if extended does not cross it at that point."

That is the definition of tangent. As you can see, beyond a certain point, that line cannot not extend any further. The point where it touches is the death tangent, a point in someone's history when they will die. There is a guy that can take that point and bring it to the present, instantaneously killing someone, ending their existence. He has control over "death tangents". It's a very abstract ability, but you can get what I mean right? From all the hints Kristia gave, this guy could be the possible Character. "Tangent and death" and "can be unsolid" were Kristia's hints. "Tangent and death" could refer to the death tangent ability, and "can be unsolid" can refer to a multitude of things, such as the abstract, things you cannot feel.

I don't know about all this, and I'm just trying to figure it out.
              Last edited by S121; 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@TRXD

Not in bed yet sadly as I have to wait for my laptop to finish with it's system restore in hopes of getting rid the blue screens.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

@ S1

...so my absurd train of thought was actually accurate?

In Greek mythology, the Moirai (Ancient Greek: Μοῖραι, "apportioners", Latinized as Moerae)—often known in English as the Fates—were the white-robed incarnations of destiny (Roman equivalent: Parcae, euphemistically the "sparing ones", or Fata; also analogous to the Germanic Norns). Their number became fixed at three: Clotho (spinner), Lachesis (allotter) and Atropos (unturnable).

They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death. They were independent, at the helm of necessity, directed fate, and watched that the fate assigned to every being by eternal laws might take its course without obstruction. The gods and men had to submit to them, but in the case of Zeus he is portrayed in two ways: as the only one who can command them (the Zeus Moiragetes) or as the one who is also bound to the Moiras as incarnation of the fates.[1] In the Homeric poems Moira or Aisa, is related with the limit and end of life, and Zeus appears as the guider of destiny. In the Theogony of Hesiod, the three Moirai are personified, and are acting over the gods.[2] Later they are daughters of Zeus and Themis, who was the embodiment of divine order and law. In Plato's Republic the Three Fates are daughters of Ananke (necessity).[3]

It seems that Moira is related with Tekmor (proof, ordinance) and with Ananke (destiny, necessity), who were primeval goddesses in mythical cosmogonies. The ancient Greek writers might call this power Moira or Ananke, and even the gods could not alter what was ordained.[4] The concept of a universal principle of natural order has been compared to similar concepts in other cultures like the Vedic Rta, the Avestan Asha (Arta) and the Egyptian Maat.

In earliest Greek philosophy, the cosmogony of Anaximander is based on these mythical beliefs. The goddess Dike (justice, divine retribution), keeps the order and sets a limit to any actions.[5]

Clotho (/ˈkloʊθoʊ/, Greek Κλωθώ [klɔːˈtʰɔː] – "spinner") spun the thread of life from her distaff onto her spindle. Her Roman equivalent was Nona, (the 'Ninth'), who was originally a goddess called upon in the ninth month of pregnancy.

Lachesis (/ˈlćkɨsɪs/, Greek Λάχεσις [ˈlakʰesis] – "allotter" or drawer of lots) measured the thread of life allotted to each person with her measuring rod. Her Roman equivalent was Decima (the 'Tenth').

Atropos (/ˈćtrəpɒs/, Greek Ἄτροπος [ˈatropos] – "inexorable" or "inevitable", literally "unturning",[16] sometimes called Aisa) was the cutter of the thread of life. She chose the manner of each person's death; and when their time was come, she cut their life-thread with "her abhorred shears".[17] Her Roman equivalent was Morta ('Death').

Last edited by Cucoo5; 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

well then I had my laugh, sorry about that utsuh XD, looks like our definition of tangent is diferent, my definition is extremely related to the abilities of a cartoon character who can transform between human and _____ .

With that he can "trespass"

and a hint about him that surely someone will know, he fights alongside a techno guy and a gothic girl

The abilities that may work against both utsuh's villain and cucoo's toxin are related to that whitehaired hero and related to death. No OP stuff it is an actual and natural trait from the character with these abilities
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Cucoo

It follows a very similar approach. Instead of focusing on the line, this guy focuses on the very point the death tangent's point. He uses this to essentially end one's existence, no matter who or what they are. This ability could kill gods just as easily as a small animal.

To be honest, I think I might be wrong because I don't think Kristia would bring something or someone quite like that. Of course, you can't help but feel that the hints point at the "death tangent guy". I don't think he's even in a video game. Besides, she said something about his ability being able to make him immune to poison. I could easily be wrong, but it does make sense.

@Kristia

Yea, I guess they were different. Your hints and the different translation just so happened to point at a character that uses "Death tangents" to kill people, to forcefully end their existence.

How would they work against the Character assassin?
                      Last edited by S121; 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

@ S1

So basically the ability of the third Fate....
                        You know this gives me an idea...
                        ...I'll work on it later.

@ Kristia

uuuuuuhhhhh....
                        Futurama? I don't know...

Comment

you will see utsuh, you will see

cucoo, the answer is wrong

the show appeared in nickelodeon, atleast in latin america, surely in nort obe too
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

...Danny Phantom?

Comment

@Kristia

Wait, Nickelodeon? Did he originate in a game, or a show first?

Wait, are you talking about Danny Phantom? Didn't he originate from a show first?
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, he did originate form a show. Now for the love of god, SOMEONE POST SOMETHING IN AN RP. I feel abandoned.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X