Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Welcome back!

Or better yet, WELCOME BACK, YELLOW FOX. XD (for all of you that don't know what I'm talking about, it's a reference to Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. )

Man I love that game. The arcade feel, the awesome, sometimes funny powerups, and even the boss battles and levels. It was a great game.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

thank you utsuh, or Pringle shooting crow

This day was pretty heavy in work, but here I am and ready to Role PLay (unless I fall asleep here again ^^; )

anyways, how are you?
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Doing good, just on Mumble with SUSTIC, sharing videos and exchanging interesting ideas.

For example, in ATWAG, we don't really expose the Characters to a lot of their media, such as fanfics, pictures, fangames, or even music. Just how exactly would they react to the fanworks and official media of themselves? Would they find it cool? Would they think it's crap? Would they enjoy the music, or the art? Just how exactly would they react to it all? After all, it's gotta be interesting to see fan content of yourself, right?

It's mainly a question that allows us to delve deeper into the Character's mind and understand what they think, how they feel, and what their likes and dislikes are, giving us a deeper understanding and appreciation for each Character.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, how are you?
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Im ok finishing with some food and sorry it took me time, but here is the post

this would be the reaction of all the characters I can remember in this moment

Renamon Would be happy with the calming and action fanfare the people either write or draw. She would blush for a second when she finds that A LOT of her fanfare is of steamy stuff and would flatly disagree with all the shipping with Takato and Impmon, with guilmon.. they are good friends... Nera would just love it and tease the fox from time to time just for fun.

Nera would be pleased with all the lucario fanfare, she would be amazed with the movie that focuses on her species and be ok with the friendship with Aron. There are good female lucario images that are either epic and/or cute so Nera would enjoy it.

Mara would smile with all the snowy filled fanfare of her because it suits her calming and mischievous nature

Gaige would laugh and give a thumbs up with the fanfare of her being a maniac and destroying stuff, the main shiiping they give her with Zero is ok although it is cannon that has a crush with Hammerlock if he crosses the other side.

Samus would be fifty fifty because a lot of fanfare is for her awesome work as a bounty hunter and admired by many fans for her work, on the other side, she would sigh and shake her head with all the steamy fanfare they made of her.

Shepard would be surprised with all the rellationships they made with her and her crew. In my case she would be happy with the Garrus and her shipping (he is my favorite in the whoole series). the commander would laugh enjoying all the images of her epicness and facepalm with the dumb ones.

Midna would be ok with everything they make of her and would smile mischeviously with her and Link´s rellationship fanfare

The wanderer.. that is a hard one because you create your own character.. but she would smile knowingly with all the "you are dead" fanfare

If Im missing someone (probably sure) please let me know
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Hmmm... I do believe you got them all.

You see, the reason I'm asking is because of all the research I've done for my RP Characters. After a few months (about an entire week, or maybe two weeks total) of delving into John and Isaac's psyche, I've come to realize how they think, why they think a certain way, and how they would feel about certain situations. After all this research, I've gotten a better understanding of the Characters I've been RPing, and have developed an appreciation for them. I've seen that on the surface, they may seem like pretty stereotypical or uninteresting Characters, but that if you delve deep into what makes them who and what they are, you begin to see how complex and how developed they are as Characters. You appreciate them as Characters and find them even more likable than before.

After understanding John and Isaac, I got to thinking about all the other Characters in ATWAG. Why not research them as well? Why not develop a deeper understanding and better appreciation for them as well? All this research has made me curious about all the other Characters, how they act, their mind, and what makes them unique.

What do you think about all this? Any thoughts?
            sigpic

Comment

well, you are right about how the characters are from the inside

I know about how Renamon is due to the tamers adventure and all the mostly canon fanfare about her. Shepard, Samus, Midna, Gaige and the wanderer are the same as the fox because of how I wanted to know about them, understand their situations.

Look at this:

Renamon is someone who, at first, wanted to be the very best and meet someone who could be the same as her, Rika is the human version of the digimon. They both share that fire to never give up and go all the way to be at the top. But as the fox develops into the world, she can see things from other perspectives, her true nature appears as someone who has feelings and cares for others, she may look as a silent digimon, even cold from some perspectives, but that it is because she only trusts those who have an honest heart (example guilmon)

Shepard (my paragon with bits of renegade) has always tried tohelp everyone she could even though some have disagreed with her (*cough* council *cough*) she has an exterior of strong will and never ending determination, but on the inside she is just a mere living being like everyone which is mostly shown in mass effect 2 and 3 when she speaks with her trusted friends.

Samus has always been a silent and direct person, she barely makes some sort of comunication (other M isn´t a metroid gamefor me) but what she does is better than talking, she acts to show her message, she isn´t just a mercenary, the blonde has a deep knowledge about many planets and great part of the galaxy´s histlry, lore, governments, etc.. etc.. etc.. then again we can understand her almost personal disgust with space pirates because of the events when she was a child and was raised by the chozo to be the pinnacle of coexistence between species.

Midna as a princess of her kingdom is a serious person that would face anything to help it and also would give her everything to help others, yet she also has here mischevious side that makes her more as a same level person than a high nobelty being. She does more than what is shown in the game, that is what makes her more interesting to understand

Gaige is a hard one to look seriously because of the game she is being shown, but hearing the echo logs and things she says, you can understand that she is still a girl. The echologs show her origin in her planet as a genius who lives with her dad and doesn´t have friends (for what I know) and is constantly bullied by a rich girl. So her love for DT is more as she has a friend to trust than a mere robot of mass destruction.

The wanderer is probably the hardest to understand because dark souls 1-2 are extremely vague in terms of explanation, all the things that you have found is because of a lot of exploration and between lines information. But what is actually solid is that the chosen undead (you) is just like anyone, you can die with everything and get tired as anyone, each step to the goal is what makes you see that an average living being can become that chosen one that has been called in the bonfire

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Ahh, I see.

Well, I don't know too much about Six, due to there being VERY LITTLE information on him. Of course, this allows a little wiggle room for his personality. The best I have for his personality is how he acts in the game, as well as his voice clips in Firefight Mode. He's a sociable person, but seems to have a little bit of a sadistic side, due to some of the ways he acts in his voice files.

Isaac is just a normal guy that has experienced the worst the universe has to offer. He never really knew his dad, his mother was a serious Unitologist and spend all the family's savings on the church, forcing Isaac to go to a cheaper college, and suffered all the events of the Dead Space series. He was somewhat troubled before Dead Space, but he got by. Of course, his girlfriend, Nicole, died on the Ishimura after he told her to work there, he has been experimented on, had to fight an army of hellish creatures, and has through so much suffering that he has been driven insane, multiple times even. He has even broken down a couple times in the games, once even needing someone to force him to continue on. In fact, Isaac has gone through so much that he considers himself permanently broken, f*cked up for life and unable to live without being constantly tortured by his memories and hallucinations. That's what makes him likable. He is a normal guy, just like us. He bleeds, just like us. He fears, just like us. He is just as vulnerable as any one of us, yet he still keeps trying to survive and make the best of what life has thrown at him. To be honest, many people probably would have killed themselves by the very beginning of Dead Space 3, but even though Isaac has suffered so long and feels broken, he still keeps pressing on. He shows incredible inner strength as he fights to survive and relies on his intelligence to keep himself alive. Despite all that he has gone through, all the pain and mental scars, he is still standing.

That's why I find Isaac likable and appreciate him as a Character.

(John's will be in the next post...)
                sigpic

Comment

@S121

If you want to learn more about Haseo and Alkaid, just watch .Hack//Roots (anime) then a playthrough of all 3 volumes of .Hack//G.U. (Rebirth, Reminisce then Redemption (and Redemption is my favorite one)).

Enjoy.
                  "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Isaac is what I call "the male samus" because he, like the bounty hunter, has to fight by himself to reach his goal. Sure there are moments when he falls, but who wouldn´t? that is what he and Samus share, they will keep moving forward no matter how bloodied or broken they are.

And just in case you want to know more about my characters, just ask whatever you want and I shall answer with an open mind

Spoiler:

Comment

@S121

Fanart and Organization XIII?! Oh god nom just no. These two are probably the worst, but it's pretty much like this all over the organization.

https://www.google.no/search?q=organ...icial&tbm=isch

@Zekai

And how long will that take, compared to reading a short text like the one S121 posted. Besides, we are talking about the deeper personality, not just the overlaying one.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      someone is fighting for you.
                      –As long as you remember her,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Depends on how much you watch in a single sitting and I am talking about deeper personalities.

Sent by Tapatalk
                        "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

So, this is interesting. It's most definitively school today for me. Today I'm supposed to have Nature and Math. The thing is tough, that we have time off from both of them for various reasons, thus nothing to do at school, meaning that I can go home. Yaaaaay!!

@Zekai

Maybe 2 hours maximum, Yeah, reading a short text is definitively faster. Also, the point here is to show that you actually understand them, not just see them.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

Grrr if I can just get one more person to join my Creepypasta RP then I will make the IC... Eh oh well. I will wait tomorrow. Goodnight everybody XD!

Comment

@Katrix

You'll understand more them if you watch them. It will take more then 2 hours to watch just the playthrough of the 3 volumes.

Sent by Tapatalk

Comment

Wow people are going really delving deeper into our characters personalities. I might do that... but who should I choose...

Comment

Working...
                                X