X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Everyone

Guys, I have some bad news. Really bad news.

On the 17th, my internet will be cut off, but today I have been given some news that makes all this much worse than just a couple weeks of inactivity. I'll be moving to a place with no internet reception, and no phone reception for an entire year. I will be gone from the server and forums, and entirely alone for an entire year. I will not be able to post for anyone, and will not be able to talk to any one of you guys for a very long time.

Of course, I'm not going to accept that. I'm going to try and find a way to minimize the amount of time I'll be gone. I'll simply have to accelerate my plans for the future. As soon as I get to Texas, I'm going to find a way to return as soon as possible. Hopefully I'll be able to perform a miracle, and hopefully I'll be able to rejoin you guys once again.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

You have a smartphone, I'll bet. If not, good luck.

Comment

@Major

No smartphones or anything like that.

Like I said up top, there is no internet reception and no phone reception.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

woah.. that is heavy.. why are you moving to a place like that if I may ask?
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Well, my family is trying to find a house to live in, so they decided to rent this house in the middle of nowhere until they could do so.
            sigpic

Comment

oh.. well, im sure it will be a good place to relax, sometimes being "isolated" gives you the time to see things in different perspectives
              Last edited by Kristia; 06-11-2014, 12:42 AM.
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Except that I will be totally isolated from everyone. To be honest, I don't do well with being alone. I'm fine with being alone, as in being physically isolated from people, but not when I am isolated from people in the social and personal sense. It makes you feel as if you are your only friend in the world, and that the very moment you let your guard down, the world will simply rip you apart. You feel as if it's just you against the entire world, that you don't quite fit in anywhere. I'm not going to claim that I have it the worst, because I know that there are people out there that have had it much worse, but I know that it's a bad feeling. It's the kind of feeling and mindset that eats away at you like a cancer, slowly hardening you from the inside out. Granted, I have lived that way for a long time, but after coming here to the community, I'm surprised that I made it this far with nobody on my side and with that mindset.

I'll admit, isolation helps rejuvenate the mind, and some of my most profound thoughts were facilitated by isolation, but too much of anything is a bad thing, isolation included. I'll be fine if it's only a couple weeks though. Hopefully it's only for a couple weeks, and if so, I'll have plenty of ideas for my PALADIN Arc for you guys. At the very least, it will be an Arc you won't forget.

Of course, I might not even have to worry about all this anyway. As it turns out, this is not a certainty. As it turns out, my dad doesn't like this anymore than I do. I've just been told this.
                sigpic

Comment

I just hope you get a good thing out of this ^^

Spoiler:

Comment

Good Morning everyone

@S121

Wow, that's some garve news. I don't really understand how you can live like that tough. I don't know how it's in the states, but if you don't have internet, AND ESPECIALLY if you live in the middle of nowhere, it can be kind of hard to live any sort of life. How to may the bills, how to get to job, etc. So I don't really understand, how are your parents intending to do just that.
                    Born in the light.
                    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                    Keep Fighting.
                    –Don't Forget.
                    Always, somewhere,
                    someone is fighting for you.
                    –As long as you remember her,
                    you are not alone.

Comment

@Kristia

I hope so too. At the very least, I'll be able to give you guys the Arc you deserve.

Before I go, I'll be asking you guys some questions for the Arc to make sure that I can add what you guys like as well.

@Katrix

They said that it was supposed to be temporary, but hopefully we don't actually move there. As for not having internet, I think people use mail and letters here.
                      Last edited by S121; 06-11-2014, 01:44 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

actually it isn´t that hard katrix, here for example, most stores let us pay our bills so a walk or bicycle ride and thats it, going for a job is better asking by person instead than sending a mail. That´s how my boss gave me my job.

Living isolated is also a good thing depending on the situation, you have the whole horizon at your sight and can see many things that the urban and rural world have shadowed. I actually enjoy having some days for just myself and nothing else

Spoiler:

Comment

@S121 and Kristia

Alright, so you took down my forst question, the second question still stands tough. How can you get a job if there is no one to job for in the area?

Also, implying that one year is temporary
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          someone is fighting for you.
                          –As long as you remember her,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

hm.. living by yourself depending on the place you would live, if it is a cabin in a forest for example, you can obtain your supplies by hunting, fishing and having wood for the heat

Spoiler:

Comment

@Katrix

Newspapers. Ye Olde way.
                              sigpic

Comment

By the moon.. this comic strip is perfect for this week´s Tuesday´s date XD

(please ignore the upper part and start at the bottom four)
                                Spoiler:
                                We did similar stuff (specially the restaurant one :P)

Never understimate a day care´r risk <_< >_>

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X