X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo | Day

John was worried over what was happening, especially since Yukari was in pain. Figuring that she needed rest, John decided that it would be best if he led her to bed.

"Come on, I'll help you to the bed.", John said as he helped Yukari to a stand, supported her weight with himself, then slowly began to guide her to the bed.

Takoizu watched, worried about what happened to her mother. She needed to figure out what happened with her eyes. That was not a normal occurrence, and there was obviously an underlying issue that caused this entire situation.

"Okay, Otori. We'll be there soon.", Takoizu said to Otori in a slightly tense tone.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo

"We need to dry her up, or else she'll catch cold." Ran said, grabbing a towel and wiping the water off Yukari's hair and body. Yukari meanwhile was leaning towards John with a tired look.

"I think it's just jet lag." Yukari chuckled.

"Come on, Yukari-sama, let's get you into something." Ran took control of Yukari, carrying her on her back, as Yukari, now in Ran's care, was led to her bedroom next to the bathroom.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

After Ran left with Yukari, John grabbed at the side of his head in slight worry. It seemed as if she was fine, but then why did he feel like there was still something wrong?"

"You know that was not caused by jet lag.", Takoizu said to John.

"I know.", John said to Takoizu, still in thought.

Perhaps the red eyes did have something to do with the sudden episode? John didn't know, but he knew that there was something strange about those eyes, even if it did happen before. This was the second time it happened, and the more he thought about those eyes, the more he felt like something was not quite right.

"Those eyes had something to do with it, didn't they?", Takoizu asked John.

"I'm.. not sure. It happened before, but it was four months ago when she was stressed out over Shikieiki's trial.", John said to Takoizu.

Takoizu was silent for a moment, trying to think about what could be the underlying issue, but unfortunately, she didn't have the answers.

"I don't know, but I think Yukari might.", Takoizu said to John.

John looked over to Takoizu for a moment, then back out the doorway, where Ran was taking care of Yukari.

"I have a feeling she might.", John grimly answered.

After a moment, John exited the bathroom and entered the bedroom.

"Is there anything she needs? Will she be okay?", John asked Ran.
        Last edited by S121; 01-18-2014, 05:23 PM.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo

"She'll be... fine." Ran said, with a hint that she couldn't find a better word. "Only time will tell what happens, right? I think we could skip the briefing for now and go back to our businesses."
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

John simply nodded at Ran, not able to speak at this point. John hated seeing Yukari like this, suffering like this. Instead of being her usual, happy, confident self, she was barely conscious, suffering from something John didn't even know about. It frustrated him that he couldn't do anything about it, that he couldn't help her, but nothing would be accomplished by him feeling upset about it. At this point in time, John needed to keep a clear head and try to get to the bottom of this. Maybe Patchouli had some books on this, maybe Renamon could take a look at her, and maybe Yukari knew the answer to the problem this entire time. If Yukari didn't have the solution, she could at least identify the problem. Knowing what they were trying to remedy was the first, most important step. John doubted that Yukari was in any condition to answer any questions right now, so instead, John looked over to Ran and spoke.

"Ran, when she wakes up, and if she shows any changes in condition, please tell Takoizu to come get me. I'll be here as soon as I can. We need to figure out what happened.", John calmly said to Ran.

John may have had a calm tone, but it was clear that John was tense about the entire situation.
            sigpic

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo

"...of course." Ran nodded and left. Her eyes downcast, she went to her roon to take a rest, when she realized she had to pick Chen up from the Misty Lake.

"Oh dear!" Ran ran out of the house with a quick remark: "I'll be right back!"

Ran barely had any power as a Youkai left in her, and the overwhelming workload must've crushed anyone. But yet Ran never faltered, never gave up.

One could say that she's mad...

Madness through Responsibility.

Yukari tossed and turned as she slept. The dark images in her head kept assaulting her mind like an unrelenting army sieging a castle that will eventually fall. And when the castle, the sanity that protects everyone from the primal instincts, falls to the army, Yukari will become nigh unstoppable.

Madness through Violence.

Tengu Village - Youkai Mountain

"Now stay in there! Daitengu must keep her dignity high!"

"Momiji, be gentle with the camera! Otori gave it to me as a present..."

Stuck in her office once again, Aya looked at the bright sky through the windows. The same sky that she used to roam free has turned into a dream. An illusion. The outside that clearly contrasted her boring, maddening life inside.

Madness through Boredom.

Scarlet Devil Mansion

Meiling was training. Every day, she would practice her skills in front of the gate instead of sleeping in. Day and night, rain or snow, for four months she has never skipped her routine that could break even the sturdiest of humans.

"I must train harder if I want to stay even with Flandre." She mutters to herself every day. "I cannot allow the same mistake to happen again."

Meiling didn't have to follow her training. Flandre has learned how to completely take control of her unstable self through enlightenment. But Meiling pursued on, training like a madman.

Madness through Repentance.

Garden of the Sun

"...Flora."

"Yes, Yuuka-onee-san?"

"...the Hollies are beautiful this year, isn't it?"

"...yes it is."

Yuuka sighed. Soon, she wouldn't be able to enjoy the fragrant smell of the lily flowers, frolic in her garden where sunflowers taller than herself grew in peace, or enjoy the funny petal shapes of Rafflesia. Soon, she wouldn't be able to meet her best friends and have a friendly conversation: Yukari, John, the beast duo, Reimu...

"Alas, how life flees." Yuuka sighed as she leaned back. Her body continues to dissolve.

Madness at Death's embrace.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo| Day

Next, John looked over to Takoizu and spoke as she entered the bedroom.

"Takoizu, when Yukari wakes up, or if her condition changes, please come get me.", John said to Takoizu.

"Okay. I'll be sure to check on her every couple of minutes. I also need to finish speaking with Otori.", Takoizu said to John.

Right before walking out of the bedroom, Takoizu looked back over to John and spoke.

"Come home soon.", Takoizu said to her father before leaving.

John let out a quiet sigh as he turned his head away from the door and towards his shoulder. He wanted to stay by Yukari's side while she rested, but he knew that wasn't possible, not if he wanted to save Yuuka and stop The Auditor as well. Why did things have to be so complicated? Perhaps he was stretching himself too thin. After all, he may have been the greatest supersoldier of his universe, but he was only human. Even he had limits, and sometimes when he stretched himself this thin and put this much strain on himself, it felt as if he couldn't save anyone at all. The problem was, he couldn't help it. It was in his nature to be that way. He felt responsible for every single person that he met, and because of that, he wanted to protect them, but could he really do so like this? Back when he was in his game, he wasn't emotionally involved with anyone he was saving, and because of that, he felt almost no pressure when seconds determined who lived and who died, but now that he knew people and cared about them, things were personal. If he failed, people he cared about would die. He would never see them again, and even if John didn't want to admit it, that possibility terrified him.

(Ugh! What am I thinking?), John thought to himself, chastising himself for showing a moment of weakness.

Even if John was a human, he was still vastly different, very special. He could not forget that. The very reason people depended on him was because he was not only physically strong, but also where it counted. He was there for them, even when things were at their worst. He felt strained, but he had to keep going, for everyone's sake. Not his, theirs. To him, they mattered more than his own frustration and hardships. He had to be the man they needed him to be, the man they could rely on, and he was not going to let them down.

John felt as if he had found another reserve of energy and resolve. With this, he was determined to not only save Yuuka, but be there for Yukari and kill The Auditor. He had a job to do, and it was about time he finished it.

John looked over to Yukari, who was tossing and turning in the bed. Soon, John would help her overcome her difficulties, but now, she had to rest. Before John left, he lightly caressed her cheek, hoping to comfort her as she slept.

After that, John disappeared through a Corridor of Darkness, determined to help his friends in the banished library.
                sigpic

Comment

Yakumo Estate

Meanwhile, Otori was sitting on the couch.

"... I left them... I was told to do something... And I didn't do it... Because I wanted to prove to them I could... Maybe... I really should leave it to the heroes."

He rested his elbows on his knees and put his head in between his hands.

"After all... I'm just a street rat who ran away from a rich family... What story do I have?"

Misty Lake

Jack was awaiting a reply.

"... I live... For justice... I just wanted... To live up to my purpose... And that I shall!!!"

???

The mysterious man returned.

"Here we are. Three final prototype. I do hope that it works. I'll have you fixed... In no time, Volgin."
                  Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-18-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Misty Lake - Gensokyo

The Monado gave it's response by a new surge of light and energy through it as the center ring seemed to accelerate. Finally the energy dissipated and the blade closed. The symbol faded. and it was as though the sword accepted him.

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo| Day

AS Takoizu walked out into the living room, she saw that Otori was sulking on the couch.

"Are you feeling alright?", Takoizu calmly asked Otori as she walked towards him.

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

All of a sudden, while Patchouli, Renamon, Nera, Jason, Edward, and Shulk were solving the puzzle, John appeared in the center of the room from a Corridor of Darkness.

"What did I miss?", John asked the group with an unusually determined tone in his voice..
                      sigpic

Comment

"Oh! John! You're back!" Shulk jumped as he was studying the chart of the room in his notebook that was placed on the railing near the entrance. "We were just analyzing this room, trying to figure out how to open the way forward. I have the notes recorded here in my notebook if you want to take a look."

(Note: the notes can be referenced in the OOC)

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Ah, John, welcome back." Patchouli greeted, leaving Annie to ponder about the mysteries of the puzzle. She noted a small sorrow in John's voice. "What happened? Do tell me."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

John looked up to Shulk and spoke out.

"I'll take a look in a minute.", John said to Shulk as he activated his thrusters.

John then flew over to Patchouli and landed with a light thud. John seemed a little sad, but he also seemed completely determined, ready for the task at hand.

"Yukari had what I can only figure to be a mental breakdown. Her eyes turned red at some point, and when asked about it, her head began to hurt. She's sleeping right now, and I told Ran and Takoizu to contact me if her condition changes, or if she wakes up.", John said to Patchouli.
                            sigpic

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Interesting. I've never heard of a phenomenon like that." Patchouli raised an eyebrow and rubbed her chin. "Do you think it's because of stress? Youkais are lot more susceptible to stress than humans."

"I think I got something!" Annie exclaimed. "Everyone, come here!"
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate

Otori looked up.

"Oh, hey. Guess business is done, huh?"

Otori stood up.

"... You do know she'll be fine. After all, you're still here. Now then... You ready or do you need a minute?"

Misty Lake

Jack was relived.

"Huff... That was a close one."

Jack swung it one last time.
                                Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-18-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X