X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo | Day

"I don't know, but later I'm going to need to visit Voile to figure it out.", John said to Patchouli.

All of a sudden, Annie called out to everyone.

"I think I got something! Everyone, come here!"

John quickly turned over to Annie and ran over to her location.

"What have you got?", John asked Annie as he approached.

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo | Day

"I'm ready, but the question is, are you? Something is troubling you.", Takoizu said to Otori.

"Would you like to tell me?", Takoizu asked.
    Last edited by S121; 01-18-2014, 08:44 PM.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"So I accidentally lit this statue on fire." Annie said, pointing at the statue next to her at B-18. "And then it started bursting in flame. But it didn't burn at all."

"Okay." Patchouli said, giving permission to Annie to continue.

"So I went to other statues and tried lighting them on fire... But none of them caught on fire." Annie continued.

"Only one statue catching fire, eh?" Patchouli flipped through her grimoire. "Do you think they have elemental connection? Like, Fire, Earth, Water, and Air?"
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

"If that's the case, then we need to expose each statue to their respective magic type. You guys do that. I'm going to talk with Shulk and help solve this puzzle's pattern.", John said to Patchouli and Annie.

After that, John activated his thrusters and flew over to Shulk.

"What do you have so far?", John asked Shulk as he landed.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

"Here's what we know for certain."
          Shulk said as he pointed to a page in his notebook.

Notes:
          - The Room will shift depending on which furnace slot is lit (two slots = two settings)
          - the colors of the tiles represents their heights. red (3) is higher than normal, blue (1) is lower than normal, purple (0) is hole. anything else is at original height (2).

Current Grid:

SETTING: 2

Grid Log:

Setting: 2

Setting: 1

Setting: 0

Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-18-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

John looked at the notebook and focused on the patterns, looking at the book, at the room, then back at the book.

"Give me a minute, I'll figure this out. Just give me some time.", John said to Shulk as he continued to look it over.

After a moment, John looked back over to Shulk and spoke.

"Do you have a pencil?", John asked Shulk.
            sigpic

Comment

"Of course! It's how I sketched it all up after all." Shulk handed John a small pack that had a few various pencils and colors.

Kenway was up in the rafters watching Jason work. "So, think you got the mirrors positioned?" He was perched on one beam as though he did this all the time.

Comment

Pencil in hand, John got to work on the puzzle, quickly analyzing the tiles. All of a sudden, John looked at Shulk and spoke.

"One of the switches are missing. Metal's missing.", John calmly said to Shulk.
                sigpic

Comment

"Metal?" Patchouli asked confoundedly. "But that's not one of the four primary elemen- ooooooh."

"...I'm gonna be busy again, huh?"
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

"Right, We think that the mirrors in the rafters might reveal it and we think that that half of the room is symmetric in design." Shulk pointed out to John. "Jason is currently up there trying to position of the mirrors to see if it will."

"Hm? Did you realize something?" Shulk asked Patchouli,

Comment

After being talked to, John got back to work. As John took a minute to look at the patterns, he noticed something somewhat interesting, and decided to report his findings to Shulk and Patchouli.

"It looks like we'll need to move each statue in a particular order. If not, we won't be able to complete the puzzle.", John said to them, getting back to work shortly after.
                      sigpic

Comment

Banished Library

Nera looked at the statue that got on fire and had a thought "I think the elements of the statues will have a reaction of their own. The fire one is in flames, surely the metal one will be heavier, the water one slippery, and so on with the sun statue beeing of light and the moon of mirage or ilusions" she said going to the moon statue and when she touched it. the object in question vanished

"This statue isnīt visible to the human eye, but I can feel it" the lucario spoke closing her eyes yet seeing with her aura while touching the invisible statue
                        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate

"... I'll tell you... When we're finished. It'll be my final requiem. My final confession."

Otori restarted the slideshow.

"Now, the reason they are modeled this way is to avoid what Raiden went through in MGR. He started doubting his beliefs... Just as the snakes did. Big Boss created Outer Heaven and in metal gear, he became the antagonist. Solid snake almost committed suicide. Raiden regained his bloodthirsty personality. He will go through these stages and as he does, he will become stronger and stronger until... He will reach a point of power in which your options are limited. These options are to abandon the mission, do your best to avoid him while executing the mission, wait until he loses your tracks, or really muster up the powers you were given by breaking the boundaries between limits, which will put you at a high risk, because once he does reach that final level, he will have aquired the full powers of both Shikieiki's presence and the Oroborus... Let me ask you some questions. Did he or you ever try to 'talk things out?"

Banished Library

"I got it!" Jason cried. Suddenly, the mirrors were positioned onto the corresponding tile.
                          Last edited by wonderweiss; 01-18-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

"It seems each statue has a specific destination based on their elemental affinities." Patchouli hypothesized. "But to actovate the statue to be moved, the corresponding elemental energy will have to be constantly streamed."

"The elements, for better or for worse, are the seven elements that I control. Which means that I'm going to exhaust myself doing this feat."
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Renamon walked towars Patchouli and talked "I can assist you with the energy, just ask and I shall help" she said feeling her energy ready to be used
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Yakumo Estate - Gensokyo | Day

"Yes, we tried to talk things out. I still don't see how that would suddenly increase his power though. In theory, it should only strengthen his resolve, not increase his overall power.", Takoizu said to Otori.

"Good!", John called out to Jason as he continued his work on the puzzle.

John had already figured out how to move one of the statues and was now working on the second one. The sooner he finished, the sooner they could save Yuuka.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X