X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banished Library - Gensokyo

"Foolish boy." Treant grumbled as it relaxed itself. "I am the Guardian of the statue. If you solve three problems from me in a row, I shall yield myself to be pushed. Otherwise... prepare to feel the wrath of nature."
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library

"I'm familiar with the wrath of nature. Bring it on!"

Comment

"First question." The Treant stretched its' branches as it gave the first question: "What is the bird Cassowary's taxonomy specifications?"
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Santa Cruz - Church Catacombs

"Guh!" Eleos cringed slightly from the slap and had stopped his momentum. "Tch, well, At this point, I think the time for subtlety is gone." He rubbed the side of his jaw before continuing. "Besides, the place is coming down slowly, don't see how an explosion can't be masked by that." He then got up again and sprinted down the path. "And I for one don't intend on getting buried here!"

Comment

Catacombs

"Idiot." The Huntress mumbled. As Eleos set down the path, the wall beside him smashed open. A large demon-like creature stepped through. It was around 15 ft tall, with a wide girth and armored legs. It's head had two large, ram like horns protruding out the front of it, with milky white eyes and sets of mandibles, each with a row of partially rotted and crooked teeth. But most fearsome were it's arms, armored by clawed gauntlets with huge blades attached to the sides of them.

This was an Executioner, a creature formerly a human who was a heartless person, murderers of countless people. It roared and charged forth at Eleos with reckless and unbridled rage.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

As the Executioner crashed into the passage from the one side, the sniper went to the other, running up the wall slightly before kicking off, sailing almost over the beast's head, but not before he pulled out his rifle and jamming the barrel into the beast's open maw.
              "Eat lead."
              BLAM
              The recoil sent Eleos spinning upright, forcing the rifle out and allowing him to kick off of the Executioner's head and landing behind him a few feet away.

Comment

Catacombs

It's head was blown off, but oddly enough, it didn't seem to mind, due to it being undead. It swiped with it's blades through the air, hoping to get at it's unseen prey.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

"...seriously?" Eleos stood back from the flailing body of the Executioner as it swept the air with its blade. He then pulled out one of his .50 magnum revolvers and casually checked the barrel which still had 6 silver enchanted bullets. "Alright big guy, time to put you out of your misery." He positioned himself where he could see a weak point in the armor that would give him a clear shot of the beast's heart. "Tch, so much for 'One Shot, One Kill'...oh well." He took aim and fired, the shot piecing the Executioner's heart.

Comment

Banished Library

"Easy. Casuarius casuarius johnsonii. Strange. I thought you'd be the riddles type."

Comment

"Second question." The Treant continued. "What is the name of the bone that sits under femur?"

"If this is a trivia question-fest, I swear to Kanako..." Patchouli groaned, her strength ebbing away. "Hurry up and answer, Jason..."
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library

"Patella." Jason said with little hesitation.

Comment

"Clever boy..." Treant must've been surprised. No matter, it had another question up its' leaves. "Here is your final question."

"What is the name of a herb used in perfumes and incenses that is of the Lamiaceae family?"
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Banished Library

This got to Jason. He hadn't really studied up on herbs. His time with the Rakyat helped some, but not for a situation like this.

"Um... Uh... Is it... Rosemary?"

Comment

"Wait." Patchouli stopped Jason. "I think I know what it is."

Patchouli faced the Treant and said: "It's Patchouli."

The Treant bowed to Patchouli and Jason and said: "You have surpassed my challenge. Do move my statue." And with that, the statue went silent.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Renamon took a deep breath "Another statue can be moved, I only hope the next one doesn´t want to have a riddle game" she said while focusing on her task

Nera on the other hand looked at the metal statue and had a bad thought ("Im sure this one will be a pain for Patchouli and Renamon, I can guess what it will do")
                                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X