X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Well, not when I woke up, no. Should we look for him... Ya know... All over the labs?"

Comment

Briefing Room - Prometheus Labs

One of the Spartans raised their hands and asked their question. It was more of a wisecrack than a question.

"How much bugspray would it take to kill one of those things?", the Spartan asked.

Sector 3 - Prometheus Labs

Six thought about Gerard's question and thought up of an idea of his own.

"I'm going to go ask Claire. He might have told Claire where he was going.", Six said as he began to walk towards the medical ward.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Briefing Room

Chris chuckled at the question. "Probably a truckload. Now either way these creatures are all dangerous in their own right. One thing that almost all of them can do is spread the T-Virus. Now I should talk about the T-Virus itself." Said Chris as he walks to the front of the group.

"The t-Virus is built like many viruses, as the virus makes contact with a cell's membrane, it inserts its genetic coding into the cell. The cell absorbs the viral genome into its own genetic make-up, which takes over the cell's functions. The cell begins to produce offspring of the original virus. The new viruses are then released from the host cell and infect the neighboring cells, which starts the process all over again.
        The t-Virus kills and replaces mitochondrial organelles with a replica of itself. The virus then combines with other cells to produce energy. The energy produced is just enough to power the motor neurons and the basic lower brain functions.[citation needed] The reanimated host body is then left with the intense need to feed in order to replenish energy supplies without having to sacrifice its own tissue. Actions taken by the host in this time period greatly resemble that of "zombies" depicted in horror movies, and are thus dubbed by that name. However, the t-Virus can only properly function by consuming the cell in order to produce its energy. This slow breakdown of cells leads to the gradual breakdown of the host, causing necrosis. The virus incorporates itself into the host's DNA, which substantially alters it. This is why creatures, such as bees and spiders, only have very minor mutation, such as increased size, when compared to the human mutation caused by the virus.

Should the human host be alive at the time of t-Virus infection, all higher brain functions are destroyed. This leaves only the cerebellum to govern behaviour. This leaves the infected host with a very animalistic behaviour. As the virus spreads, it damages the hypothalamus. This produces a massive flood of neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones such as norepinephrine and dopamine. These effects, combined with the painful symptoms of the infection, induce a psychotic rage, persistent hunger, and increased aggressiveness in those infected.

Should the human host be dead at the time of infection, only enough energy is produced to power the lower brain functions. These functions are responsible for the most primal instincts, such as walking and eating.

In either case, their late-stage appearance and behavior are characteristics of their name-sake, a zombie.

Should a late-stage human host be rendered unconscious, the body will lay in a dormant phase appearing to be dead. In actuality the host is rapidly mutating due to the t-Virus becoming hyperactive. Within the time frame of an hour, the decayed skeletal and muscular system is reconstructed into a stronger and more durable form. Development can be seen of sharp canine teeth and razor claws, fresh blood seeps into remaining skin giving it a reddish hue, advances in decomposition, and intact eyes become a bright white. Umbrella researchers at the Arklay Laboratory have dubbed this stage "V-ACT", referring to the resulting creature also known as a "Crimson Head". To awaken, the brain must be jolted back to consciousness with a slight but important increase in intelligence, and large increase in agility and aggressiveness. As a consequence of this rapid mutation, cellular breakdown hits a critical point where the host cannot regenerate properly and can be killed permanently.

If by chance a human t-Virus host should survive past the secondary Crimson Head mutation with little or no damage, the virus may actually strengthen the damaged/remaining cells, resulting in a Licker, a Crimson Head mutation taken to an extreme.

I am not sure how the virus would react to you Spartan's with you being super soldiers, but because of how dangerous it is I would recommend you take absolutely no chances in getting infected. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as extremely cautious, but if you have been through what I've been through, and seen what these things are capable of in such a short amount of time... then you would be to. I've seen an entire city fall in a night because of the virus."

Medical Ward

Claire was continuing to help the many doctors in the lab even further, using her knowledge and experience of First Aid she was being of some use. She had borrowed a few herbs, and First Aid Sprays from Chris's bag to help heal most injuries an all. Chris won't notice... right?

Comment

Briefing Room - Prometheus Labs

Once Chris was done, the squad leader spoke.

"You heard him. If one of you get infected, turn off your armor and take off your helmet. The last thing we need is a Spartan super-zombie. I want a couple of you to be carrying Plasmathrowers, Rocket Launchers, and Energy or Hardlight Swords. Once we get to the bomb, we blow it up with an antimatter charge, destroying it and the entire base. Does everyone understand?", the squad leader asked.

"Yes Sir.", the Spartans said as they stood up and began to walk into the armory to grab the required supplies.

Medical Ward - Prometheus Labs

Six quickly walked into the medical ward and almost immediately saw Claire.

"Claire, do you know where Chris is?", Six asked her as he walked towards her.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Medical Ward

Claire continued to volunteer when Six came in, and asked her where Chris went.

"Uh yea, Chris and a few other Spartan's went off to get ready to go destroy the Neo-Yakuza's laboratory. Why?"

Briefing Room

Chris was impressed with how well they paid attention to what he had told them.
            Chris walked into the armory with the other Spartan's. "Now a friend of mine by the name of Gerard had actually found a cure for the virus. Unfortunately I think the cure was destroyed during the big fight here. They probably have more of the cure somewhere in the laboratory, but even if we do have a cure the time it must be injected is quite short. If you are bitten and we do have the cure you would only have approximately five minutes to inject yourself before it reaches the brain. So I would also suggest that some of us search for any more of the T-Vaccine so we can develop more of it, while the rest of us search for the bomb."

Comment

I heard what Claire said.

"Wait, they're doing what?! No no no that's a terrible idea! It's called the chemical powerhouse for a reason, if they destroy it, who knows what could happen!"

Comment

Armory - Prometheus Labs

"Okay, I'm going to need ten of you to go for the cure, while ten of you go for the bomb.", the squad leader said.

Soon, all of the Spartans were fully armed and ready to assault the base.

Six turned to Gerard and spoke.

"Usually what we do is that we either blow the base up with nukes or antimatter, or capture it for processing."

At this time, Six thought it would be the best time to tell Claire and Gerard about his current situation.

"Well, I'm also here because I was looking for you guys. You see, earlier, I was given some information that the Master Chief was in a place in Japan called Gensokyo. Right now, Gensokyo is being attacked by an army of aliens with near-limitless troops and have taken over thousands of worlds. I'm going there with a group of Spartans to help out with the battle. The reason I'm telling you guys this is because this might be the last time you guys see me... This is essentially a goodbye.", Six said to Claire and Gerard.
                sigpic

Comment

Armory
                  ________

"Don't forget I'm going with you guys. I'm going to go with the group looking for the bomb since I know where it's at." Said Chris as he places his hand on his handgun.

Medical Ward

Claire was taken back by what Six just said. "G-Goodbye? No you can't go... you just can't!" Said Claire as she grabs Six by the shoulders. Her reaction was quite surprising, even for her. She normally isn't like this...

Comment

At that moment, I looked like a child receiving his Christmas gift. I went serious.

"Saving a world while fighting along side master chief himself? You should've let me walk out, because no matter what you say, I'm coming with you!"

Comment

Armory - Prometheus Labs

"Don't worry about it. It goes without saying that you're coming.", the squad leader calmly said to Chris.

That's when the squad leader had an idea. To maximize Chris's chances of survival, he should wear armor.

"Do you want me to get you armor or anything, or are you fine as is?", the Squad leader asked Chris.

Six was surprised by Claire's reaction. Why was she acting like this?

That's when Six realized why. He remembered how earlier, she told him that almost everyone she knew ended up dying in the end. Perhaps she was scared that he would die too.

Six didn't really know what to say that would calm her down. He couldn't say that everything would be alright, he knew that he was going straight into a hopeless situation.

"Claire,.. I know you don't want me to go, but if I don't, then who will? If I don't go, then you, Gerard, Chris, and everybody else will die. I can't allow that....... I'm not going to lie and say that I'm going to be safe, but I will tell you something that we Spartans say to each other, to at least give us hope. It's, 'Spartans never die, they're only missing in action.' I can't guarantee that I'll return, but I'll still be there, whether in body or in spirit.", Six said to Claire.

All of a sudden, Gerard spoke.

"Saving a world while fighting along side master chief himself? You should've let me walk out, because no matter what you say, I'm coming with you!"

"You do realize we'll be fighting thousands of enemies with advanced technology, right?", Six calmly said to Gerard.
                      sigpic

Comment

Armory

Chris looked at the Squad Leader. "No I'm good as is. I've been through many situations where survival was bleak, and yet I survived. I think I can handle it." Said Chris as he waits for the others get prepared.

Medical Ward

Claire looked at Six and sighed. "I'm not afraid that you'll die... believe me when I say that I trust you... it's just... I..." Said Claire as she turns her back to Six. "I just... it's hard to explain..." She said as she walks away. Obviously something else was bothering her...

Comment

I smirked. "Like I haven't already. You just tell me what to do."

Comment

Armory - Prometheus Labs

Once all the Spartans were ready for the mission, they all began to leave the room, ready to destroy the base and avenge their fallen comrades.

"Time to go. We're going to the Pelican.", the squad leader said to Chris.

(Damn. I'd better go make sure she's okay.), Six thought as he turned to Gerard, remembering that Gerard was now different.

"On second thought, you can go. I'll explain on the way what you have.", Six said to Gerard as he walked over to Claire.

"Are you alright?", Six asked Claire as he approached.
                            Last edited by S121; 09-22-2013, 04:40 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Armory
                              _________

Chris grabbed his Assault Rifle as he began to follow after the others. "You know it's an honor to work among such well known soldiers. I've heard of the Prometheus Labs, and the Spartan's during my work with the US Military. Not only that, but my sister is quite a big fan of the Halo games herself." He said as he kept walking.

Medical Ward

As Six walked up to her Claire turned around and looked at him. "I'm fine... it's just... I... I think I have... developed feelings for you..." She said in a quiet tone. "I don't know why though... I mean after I watched you take out that Nemesis, and how you would put your own life on the line... you sort of remind me of someone I once knew..."

Comment

To Hangar - Prometheus Labs

"Yea, well a lot of us were Halo fans to some degree. When you hear about the kind of stuff they do, you can't help but feel inspired by their courage and determination. We're handpicked from the finest soldiers on the planet and trained to be even better. If you think we're something, you should hear the stories told about the Spartan-IIs. A single Spartan-II was the equivalent of thousands of soldiers. They did things that should have been impossible, but they somehow pulled it off. They're pretty much legends here."[/B][/color], the Squad leader explained.

Six didn't really know what to say. He didn't really think much of him risking his life, he just did what was needed of him. He was touched that someone cared about him. His whole life, he was put into the worst situations imaginable, to buy humanity enough time to either escape or win a battle. The life expectancy of a Spartan-III was incredibly low, due to them being easily killed off in combat. They were basically designed to be expendable. They were designed to die. Six felt a sort of attraction too, but stopped when Chris got angry at him for hitting on her. Chris was not going to be happy...

Six sighed and put his hand on Claire's shoulder.

"Well if that's the case, then I promise that I will come back, even if I have to crawl back. The truth is.... I felt a little something too, but stopped making advances when Chris started to get angry. To be honest, I don't really know how this is going to turn out... What I'm trying to say is that the feeling is mutual. You're beautiful, and from what I've heard, you exhibit the strength and resourcefulness to survive and to keep pushing forward, despite the odds.", Six said to Claire.

The thought of Chris going berserk and shooting at him flashed into Six's mind.

"...Chris is going to be so mad at me...", Six jokingly said.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X