X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just allowed him to got me.

"... Please tell me you've got a better idea to back this one up. I know you're better than that."

Comment

Near Base 7 - Outside London

"Don't worry, we shouldn't as long as everyone keeps their wits about them.", the squad leader said to Chris as they made their way closer to the base.

Meanwhile, a line of Spartans stood in front of the squad, ready to drop Bubbleshields and Dropshields at a moment's notice.

Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs

"In all honesty, we simply charge straight in and kill everything in our path. That's our usual tactic for large groups in an open field. We will split up into groups and take out different portions of the army, but other than that, we charge in. You see, we're able to easily dodge bullets and other weapons. We have never encountered anything like this before, but Six has. He survived 3-4 days on his own with millions of aliens out to kill him. He single-handedly killed armies of them before finally being knocked down and nearly killed. Spartans were designed for situations like this. We usually terrify the enemy with just our presence. It may seem like suicidal stupidity, but you'll soon see what I mean. A single Spartan-III is the equivalent of about 1,000 soldiers in terms of combat effectiveness. Jack and I are even more dangerous than that, and Six is even more dangerous than both of us put together on skill alone. Anyways, we keep fighting untll the air support arrives. Once that happens, it won't matter how large their army is,-.", Daniel explained before getting interrupted by Jack.

"They'll be fertilizer for the flowers, food for the birds.", Jack said to Robin in a clam tone.

The Consumer

"Yes I do.", Isaac said as his helmet formed over his face.

All of a sudden, the fist Zommari was holding shot forth a giant shockwave, blowing Zommari back and into a wall.

As soon as Zommari made contact with the wall, Isaac clenched both of his fists and formed a Kinetic Stasis field around himself. It was putting stress on Isaac's Cold Fusion reactor, but it could take more before overloading.

Isaac then activated his thrusters and dashed at Zommari, ready to deliver another punch.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Sector 2

"Really? That's it?" He frowned at this information. "Hmm...to charge in blindly is foolhardy, especially if the opponent were expecting it. Do we have any information about what terrain we'll be fighting in? A map? Do we have any reports on where the enemy will be positioned? We might want to at least have some sort of plan...as to limit casualties and overall make it so that the enemy really wouldn't stand a chance. All of you might be super soldiers...but if the enemy has any form of plan that may be used against us..." Robin paused for a moment. "...well, to say the least, even the greatest armies of all time can fall."
        He turned and seemed to look into space. "From where I was, there was a Conqueror who swept across continents with an army so great, it was as though there was no possible way of defeating him. All hope seemed lost. But then...Prince Chrom and I led an army far smaller than his to victory. There was a time when everything seemed to be lost, as our own allies turned against us. But, we pulled through. How did our small brigade manage to cripple an army that could crush entire countries? Strategy." Robin turned back to the Spartans. "You may be strong, but the moral of the story is that in the end, the strategy will decide everything."

Comment

"You heavily underestimate us. Everyone always underestimates us at first. If they're anything like the Covenant, then we'll be fine. We don't know the terrain, but we can assume that it is flat. There is another army there, but they are possibly pinned by the enemy's numbers. You may not think it, but we always have a plan as soon as we enter the battlefield. We are able to come up with complex plans within fractions of a second. We micromanage our plans and create new ones and modify the old ones on the run, which we then relay to all the other soldiers from our communicators. we don't create heavily drawn out plans and put them into action, our plans are more fluid.. We are taught to adapt to any situation within fractions of a second and plan while the battle unfolds. Our methods may seem unorganized to you, but there's a reason Spartans are to be feared.", Daniel explained to Robin.

Following Yukari

As John flew out of the chute, he saw the vortex down below and began to track Yukari's energy signature.

He didn't know how powerful the vortex was, but if it was anything like a slipspace rupture, then he would be fine, just as long as he remained shielded by energy.

John flew towards Yukari's energy signature, all while forcing his MJOLNIR armor to recognize the Darkness shell on his leg as a part of itself. The advantages to John's neural uplink to the suit was that he could do virtually anything with the suit's functions, even warp his shields.

Soon, John's energy shields charged back up and reached 400% as John headed towards Yukari.
          Last edited by S121; 09-28-2013, 12:44 AM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Following Yukari

Sakuyamon and Nera were flying their wsy towards the gap controller

Suddenly they saw the spartan

--Need a ride spartan?-- The shaman said getting near John

She made a small opening so he could enter the ying-yang sphere
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

"Woah...that's quite convenient..." Robin scratched his head, wondering what to do now. "Hmm...if you all have that capability then...I guess I'm the only one that needs the plan since I don't have anything fancy. Unless..." He toyed with a thought... "Grima..." Robin seemed lost in thought for a moment then addressed Daniel again. "With your ability to communicate such things on the battlefield, I would probably suffer as I typically stick to the plan while making slight adaptations...uhm..." Robin tried to gather his thoughts again, then realized a question. "What device allows you to do that anyway?"

Comment

The Borealis

Mima took a pair of binoculars and looked into the vortex, raising an eyebrow.

"I think I see people down there." Mima said, while Marisa looked as well.

"Hey, yeah, there are people still alive?" Marisa asked.

"If that's the case, then we need to get down there." Mima said. "Kliener, you think the ship can handle going down there?"

Kliener tapped his chin. "Possibly, though we might need a boost to the shields."

"Leave that to me." Mima said.

"Then buckle in everybody. It's gonna be a bumpy ride." Kliener suggested.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Following Yukari

"Need a ride spartan?", Sakuyamon asked.

John turned his head over to them and nodded.

Once he was inside, he realized that he was doing what he told Renamon and Nera not to do. John was disobeying orders and following Yukari.

"Our communicators are located inside of our helmets. They allow us to talk to one another over long distances. Our HUD also allows us to see a map of the area and our current location, along with all of or teammates. We can also see the enemy and their movements as well, and coordinate an attack to exploit their movements. I can get you a helmet if you want. It will allow you to talk to us on the battlefield.", Daniel said to Robin.
                  Last edited by S121; 09-28-2013, 12:49 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unknown Location

"Hah... hahaha..." The Devourer laughed. He has won. Infuriatingly close, however, but he has emerged victorious. He has the core of Gensokyo to consume, to adapt, to finally become the perfect being.

"Manipulation of Boundary... Manipulation of Unknown... Ability to listen to ten people at once... I shall devour. They shall become my vessel."

"Not on my watch."

"Wha- how did you-"

"A good friend of yours told me."

"Valenciel... or Feediel?"

"Try and guess."

"I'm not going to play games with you."

"I'm not going to play games, period. I'm here to kill you."

"Kill me? A god? Do not jest."

"I'm too serious to jest."

"Very well. I shall take this as a challenge. Your body shall become my final prize."

"That Gensokyo core, will be mine."
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Sky

Suddenly, coming next to John and the other two was the Borealis, coming seemingly out of nowhere.

"John?" Mima called out.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Robin nodded. "That would probably be the best solution. I'm sorry for being more of an inconvenience so far." Robin sighed and looked closer at Daniel's helmet and the ones on the other Spartans. "Curious, is there something that would have just the devices needed and less of a helmet?"

Comment

Crossing the vortex

Sakuyamon felt the energy almost burning her inseides as it was still way powerful, but she managed to stabilize it

"Remind me that when we finish this mess, I need to bonk Yukari´s head" the shaman said as they entered the vortex

at first it gave some rumble, but the ying-yang sphere resisted the pressure calmly, the trio crossed the vortex and found an unknown location

"So a hiding spot for the devourer? what a coward he is in the end" Nera said looking at the place

"And over there we can see both of them" Sakuyamon said pointing to the blonde and the man at a good distance
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Sky Near Void

John, Renamon, and Nera were close to Yukari and the Devourer, when all of a sudden...

"John?" Mima called out.

John looked over to Mima and was surprised to see her alive. In fact, to his surprise, he felt almost overjoyed that somebody survived.

Was he wrong about the void? Was there still hope for everyone?

"Mima!?", John exclaimed in surprise.

"Yes, but it's not really meant for battle, only for use here. You can still have one, but you'll only get a basic map and not a topographical one.", Daniel said as he motioned over to one of the security guards in the area.

"I'm sorry, but we're going to need your communicator. It's very important.", Daniel kindly said to the guard.

"Good luck.", the security guard said as he handed it over to Daniel.

"Here you go.", Daniel said to Robin as he handed the communicator over to him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sky Near Void

"In my ghostleness." Mima chuckled. "What ARE you doing down here?" Mima asked.

Comment

Robin put on the device and noticed the map display immediately. "Woah...that is impressive..." He smiled. "It doesn't fell too awkward so I should be ok with this." Then he turned back to Daniel. "Ok so how do I use it to talk...? And...what else can it do?"

Comment

Working...
                                X