X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Near Void

We're going to go help Yukari!", John shouted to Mima over the roar of the vortex as he pointed to two people inside of it.

They were now very close to the vortex's event horizon. Any further and there would be no turning back. John didn't care. He was not going to leave Yukari alone in the void.

Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs

"Press the earpiece and you'll be able to talk with us. Ours lets us talk with one another just by thinking it, but that's because of our neural uplinks. of course, it's also much more expensive.", Daniel said to Robin.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Sky Near Void

"Then get in, we can help you get through!" Mima yelled out, gesturing to come over to the ship.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sky Near Void

"Come on guys, we're going to hitch a ride.", John said to Sakuyamon and Nera as he grabbed both of their hands and flew into the ship.

Once they landed, John looked at Mima and spoke.

"Is everyone down in Gensokyo still alive?", John asked Mima.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Sky Near Void

"I have no idea!" Mima said, as the Borealis's engines thrust them into the Void.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Unknown Location

John was slightly disheartened by Mima's answer, but soon he would learn the answer once the Devourer was destroyed.

Right now, they had to get ready for what lied ahead.

Soon, they passed into the void and entered what seemed to be a cave.

(We're here...), John thoght to himself as he looked down below at Yukari and the Devourer.
            Last edited by S121; 09-28-2013, 02:17 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Cave of Screams

The Devourer started off by throwing his dark crystal blade to the ground, creating fissures and earthquakes. Yukari hopped and hovered in order to prevent her from falling, and fired a barrage of blue kunai blades, which were blocked off easily by the Devourer's cape.

Now Yukari went aggressive: with eyeball danmaku fired off from the four cardinal sides. The eyeball danmaku were matched with flaming skulls from the Devourer. The flaming skulls exploded, taking out the eyeballs. Yukari wasn't over yet: she opened a gap above her, from which an unmanned race car zoomed through the caves. The Devourer took no time to crush the car with bare hands, but this gave Yukari an opening to strike the Devourer with a mystique purple blade. The blade struck true, but it merely made the Devourer fall back.

The Devourer now assumed offense. He fired a barrage of elemental magics: fire balls, ice needles, storms of leaves, thunder strikes, and much more. Each element was countered by their advantageous counterparts fired from more gaps: fireballs extinguished by streams of water, ice needles blocked off by metallic wall, leaf storms burned to crisp by a flamethrower, thunderbolts nullified by chunks of boulders, and so on.

Interfering the battle would signal death for anyone. This is a battle between two omnipotent, peerless adversaries.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Cave of Screams

John saw that the battle would be more dangerous than he would be able to handle, but he didn't like to sit by and simply watch as Yukari ran the risk of dying.

Unfortunately, that was all he could do...
                Last edited by S121; 09-28-2013, 02:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Cave

Mima sighed as she looked on, and pulled out her chair and popcorn, and simply watched as they fought below.

Comment

Cave of Screams

The cracks on the walls began to let in malicious banshees. The banshees were the pain and suffering of the banished angels. They launched themselves toward Yukari, who redirected them with a defensive gap. Unfortunately, this allowed the Devourer to approach Yukari and slice her stomach eith the dark crystal blade.

Ignoring the bleeding, Yukari created numerous gaps, which started firing random objects: ranging from throwing knives, tank shells, and smoke bombs to pecan pie, washer/dryer, and even mattresses. The Devourer tried to take down every object, exhausting himself with using high-level destructive magic on a futon and earning a blast from a rocket launcher to the face.

"Welcome to randomville."

"You blasted witch!"

The Devourer began charging an astronomical amount of arcane energy to his blade, which began to glow, brighter and brighter until it could not be seen with a straight face. Yukari, anticipating a final strike, readied a spell card.

"Blade of Righteous Torment!"

"Boundary of Life and Death!"
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Cave of Screams

John saw what was going to happen, but he knew that he needed to stay on the boat.

(Don't do it, John. Stay put.), John said as his grip on the railing of the boat tightened until the sturdy wood began to creak under the tremendous strain John was putting on it.

John thought that this would be Yukari's end, but he fought the desire to jump off of the boat and distract the Devourer.

John decided to stay put, but if things became hopeless, he was ready to jump off of the boat and fight.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cave

"Ya know, we could just, I don't know, get Yukari out of there, then collapse the cave." Mima suggested in between bites.

Comment

Cave of Screams

"Except that would be the end of Gensokyo, you, and everyone in the universe." Valenciel silently appeared behind Mima,snatching some popcorn. "I hope you don't eat buttered popcorn."

The dust cleared out after a few minutes... And a figure emerged from the ashes.

"Mere mortal... Do not defy the works of God!"

It seemed as if the evil has triumphed... The Devourer threw his head back, laughing like a maniac. He sustained heavy injuries, but he emerged victorious...

Or did he?

Yukari also rose from the ashes. Her dress was completely ripped to shreds, and beyond that, she had so many cuts and injuries it seemed as if she was coated in a thin layer of blood. She wobbled and staggered, about to fall any moment.

But she is still alive.

"Hey, bigot. Did you know?"

"What in the-"

"That wasn't my trump card."

Goodbye, everyone.

"Profound Danmaku Bounded Field -Phantasm, Foam and Shadow."
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Cave

"Salted, not buttered." Mima said, not paying attention to anytihng below. "And that's why I can go to another universe."

Comment

Cave of Screams

John's eyes widened as the sudden surge of danmaku destroyed everything in the area. John tried to track Yukari and the Devourer on his radar, but there was too many energy signatures from the danmaku.

Seeing no way out of an attack like that, John assumed the worst. John believed that Yukari had just died.

"...", John remained silent, unable to talk.

He lost almost everybody he cared about in one single day. John closed his eyes and tilted his head down, not wanting to believe what had just happened.
                              sigpic

Comment

Cave of Screams

A field of danmaku shredded through the battlefield, causing a large energy explosion. After the explosion, the outcome of the battle was clear. The Devourer fell, dead silent, with the core of Gensokyo floating by the corpse.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X