X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inventory

"Your so called science is not allowed without my permission, understand, GLaDOS?" Winslow ordered.

"I'll excuse myself then." GLaDOS dissapeared through the ceiling.

"Sorry about her, at the moment we're moving things arounds, and to be simply, she is NOT happy about it." WInslow explained.

"You destroyed my experiments with a forklift." GLaDOS's voice rang.

"It was a simple accident." Winslow said.

"Can we talk about this later? I'm looking for the arcade pass you owed me." Koishi started.

"Ah, yes, the pass." WInslow said, pulling out a cardand handing it to Koishi. "Have fun."

Koishi nodded, and headed off through the hallways.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Lisborn, Australia

Vergil turns to Rengar. "The beast was not possessed. He is the demon known as Beowulf, and those weapons are his soul. They are yours now." Said Vergil as he turns away. "Beowulf attacked me due to a grudge against my father." Said Vergil as he walks off.
      Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Lisborn, Australia

"Purr-fect." I made a little pun... get it?
        "What in the two-bit hells is this?" A voice came from behind us. It was the sheriff. "Character brawls aren't allowed within the vicinity of the town, lads. Take it somewhere else."
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Yukari's Resort - Honolulu, Hawaii

John saw the gauntlet of gaps as a race car came speeding towards him.

Upon seeing this, John's heart beat faster as adrenaline coursed through his veins and Spartan Time kicked in.

The world around John slowed down to almost a standstill. The car before him looked as if it was going at 2.5 mph, when in reality it was going at around 200.

(A race car. It's going at about 200 mph, estimated to be about 6 tons in weight. I could jump over the car, but Yukari would still have it for her little gauntlet. I could stop it, but then it would go to waste. I know. I'll throw it. It will distract Yukari long enough for me to close the distance between me and her. Then, I'll have my chance. She'll most likely gap the car back at me, so I'll be ready to lock my armor if that happens.)

John put his plan into action.

With Spartan Time still active, John used the car's momentum and launched it at Yukari. As soon as the car left Johns fingers, John sprinted to Yukari's flank and charged towards her, firing danmaku from his pistol and rifle.
          Last edited by S121; 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Yukari gap'd the race car back to where it came from, but didn't see the bullets.
            "Boundary of Defense and Offense!" Yukari declared, covering herself with gaps to soak in all the bullets. When the gap dissipated, her face was somewhat serious, still mostly whimsical. "I didn't see that coming."
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

"I didn't see that coming.", Yukari said with a serious, yet still mostly whimsical face.

"That's the point.", John said in a casual, almost playful tone.

It had been a long time since John sparred against anyone, due to him always being afraid of killing someone. Yukari on the other hand, was a Youkai.
              If anything, she was probably tougher than John.

(Well, that didn't work. Those gaps make it near impossible to hit her. I need to find another way...)

John kept a posture that would allow him to dart off in any direction at a moment's notice. He waited for Yukari's next move.
              Last edited by S121; 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

"Here I come!" Yukari smirked as more gaps formulated: above and below, front and back, right and left, in and out, spawning random objects varying from piece of gum to hammers to cannonballs.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:

Comment

Lisborn, Australia

Vergil stops and turns to the officer. "I assure you we were not fighting each other. We only fought out of self defense. That large beast you saw attacked us first. Is it truly breaking the law if we are only fighting out of self defense?" Said Vergil as he flips his hair back.
                  Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Lisborn, Australia

"A'ight sounds fair enough." The sheriff chomped on his cigar. "Just make sure you don't cause any more ruckus. Residents are complainin'."
                    "Sorry to bother you, officer. We'll keep quiet."
                    "Ya go have a g'day, then." The sheriff nodded as he left.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:

Comment

"Here I come!" Yukari smirked as more gaps formulated: above and below, front and back, right and left, in and out, spawning random objects from piece of gum to hammers to cannonballs.

John saw this and was ready.

(I haven't tried this in a long time. Let's see if I still have the agility...)

John jumped in the air and did a flip-twist in the air, dodging a cannonball aimed for his torso. As he landed, he saw 4 hammers, 3 cannonballs, and a piece of gum coming straight for him.

John ducked before a cannonball could hit him in the head, but then a hammer came from above. John hopped to the side, avoiding it, but putting him in the path of two of the cannonballs. John dashed back and the cannonballes smashed into each other, causing shards to fly everywhere. John backflipped away from the shards and moved his head out of the way of an incoming hammer. John saw a hammer shoot up from below and jumped forward. Another hammer approached from his rear. John spun around, caught the hammer, and hit the piece of gum with it.

Then, a saw flew towards him. John leaned back and watched the saw fly inches from his face, only for a baseball to fly toward his front. John used the hammer and swatted the baseball away, but broke the hammer in the process. A shoe flew towards his flank. John simply dashed forward and dodged it.

This process of dodging and swatting projectiles away with other projectiles lasted for at least five minutes. John's Spartan time kept John very alert to his surroundings and his suit prevented him from tiring. Despite John's size, it was evident that he was fast.
                      Last edited by S121; 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Desert, Nevada; Otori

Alright. Now that my stamina has been replenished, it's time to go again.

I ran out after more dummies. I took out another 5 dummies. All head shots. Nice.

All of a sudden, there was a shadow cast over me. Before I could look up, something fell on me.

"... Hank... what did you throw at me?"

Lisborn, Australia; Snake

Well, that was quite something.

I began looking around the town. Might as well find a place to say for the night.

Base 2, Australia; Volgin

"Gate, I have to do something. Please get the reploid ready. We'll be deploying soon."

I walked back to the metal gear hangar. The Shagohod was finished with repairs. Time to make the next appropriate metal gear. I looked through the papers. Ah, this one looks good. Better begin.

Comment

Somewhere in Nevada

"Throw on..I didn't throw anything on you." Hank said, not even looking over.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Base 2 - Australia

"I can't! Nightmare Zero is too unstable at the current moment! I need to wait for the energy in the new Nightmare Soul to settle before I can deploy him! You send out your men, I will stay and continue working." Said Gate as he takes a more serious tone of voice. "If I deploy him now he will be uncontrollable, and will attack anyone. Including our own men!"

Comment

The Beach, Hawaii

Dante finishes swimming and resurfaces. "See not that hard!" He said as he gets out of the water, and heads over to Komachi. He takes her by the hand and smiles. "Don't worry I'll teach you how to swim." Said Dante as he drags Komachi into the water.

Comment

Desert, Nevada; Otori

"Then what's on..."

I look up. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"SHIKIEIKI?!?!?!""

"Heheh, hi, Otori..."

Beach, Hawaii; Komachi

"Wait, whaddya think you're doing?!"

He dragged me into the water.

"... Well... at least the water is warm."
                                Last edited by wonderweiss; 06-17-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X