X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Consumer

Malthael didn''t speak, and just simply tilted his head to the side, while the winds kept going, while images were forced into John's head of hundreds of Spartans dying and being tortured.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The Consumer

John gritted his teeth as his stance became a more aggressive one.

He knew that Malthael was either trying to prove him wrong, or psychologically attack him. He ignored the images and focused on Malthael.

All of a sudden, John angrily smiled in his helmet and spoke to the Angel of Death.

"Do you mind performing a concrete demonstration?", John said with a hint of defiance as he readied for an attack from Malthael.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

Malthael then suddenly disappeared in a flash, the angels as well.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

The Consumer

John readied himself for an attack, knowing full well that Malthael could appear at any moment and either take a swipe at him with his scythes, or use his aura.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

Then, the floor creaked, and the floor below and around him fell to the floor below.

Comment

The Consumer

As John fell, everything looked as if it were in slow motion.

He quickly looked at his surroundings as he landed on his foot, knee, and hand, in a crouching position, still ready for an attack.

(Where are you...), John thought about Malthael as he remained in position, silent and listening to his surroundings.
              sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

The walls then seemingly opened up, revealing large firey portals, demonic creatures of various sizes bursting out.

Comment

The Consumer

John looked around and remembered what Yukari had said.

(Fallen angels and demons are weak against Holy magic. Time to see if Light magic doubles as Holy magic.)

John focused his light magic inward and within seconds, unleashed a shockwave of light, engulfing the room.

Isaac quickly entered the room where everyone was fighting. Isaac looked around the room, trying to find Malthael, but he was no longer present. That's when he saw Koishi and Sariel. Sariel was gravely injured but still alive. Isaac ran over to Koishi and spoke.

"Koishi, what's going on? Where's Malthael?", Isaac asked her as he approached to carry Sariel, allowing Koishi a break.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

The question was answered when Malthael appeared, stabbing Koishi this time and pulling Sariel towards him.

The light pulse didn't seem to mind to the demons, aside from some light burning on some. They weren't going for him before, but now, hundreds upon hundreds of demonic creatures were cahrging at him, sqealing, yellow, belching, and screaming as they did so.

Comment

The Consumer

Isaac was shocked by Koishi being stabbed and saw as Malthael grabbed for Sariel.

He wanted to help Koishi, but he knew that if he didn't act now, then Malthael would kill everyone.

Right before Malthael could get a better grip, Isaac grabbed at the clothing near Malthael's grip and pulled hard, tearing away the clothing in the area, but getting Sariel away and tossing her behind him. He didn't mean to be so rough with her, but right now he had to be quick.

Isaac was now face to face with Malthael, inches from the Angel of Death. Isaac quickly raised his Plasma Cutter at Malthael's chest and fired the laser.

John looked at the demons charging at him and quickly switched tactics.

Instead, John stomped his foot against the ground, causing hundreds of tightly packed, 7 foot, black spikes to emerge from the ground and surround him, slanted in varying angles.
                      Last edited by S121; 09-12-2013, 02:17 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

Before the Plama Cutter hit, Malthael grabbed Isaac by the shoulders, pulling him up to the hooded, seemingly not existant face as as the shot landed.

Comment

The Consumer

As the shot landed, Isaac's Plasma Cutter shot out sparks from various spots on the weapon and smoked as the circuits fried from the surge of electricity.

As soon as the shot hit Malthael, the Angel of Death pulled Isaac up to it's face and stared at him.

Knowing from experience, it was bad to look at Death's face, just like with the Marker's replica of Nicole.

(Don't Look! Don't look!), Isaac thought to himself as he squeezed his eyes shut, clenched his teeth, and looked away as he raised his hand in between his face and Malthael's, afraid of the consequences if he looked into the faceless void of death.
                          Last edited by S121; 09-12-2013, 08:31 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

It didn't matter if he wasn't looking. An odd wisp like substance was coming off of Isaac, and to Malthael, draining Isaac the longer it kept going.

The spikes killed some of the creatures, but with every demon he killed, another took it's place.

Comment

The Consumer

As the process continued, Malthael disappeared as a flash of light blinded Isaac.

Isaac fell to the ground, onto his back, weakened but still alive. Isaac had no physical injuries, but for some reason, Isaac's RIG showed only three of the twelve holographic icons remaining.

(Too... old for this sh*t...), Isaac thought as he forced himself to his stomach and crawled over to Koishi and Sariel.

"Are.. you guys okay?", Isaac asked them in a strained tone.

John heard the screams of demons, but not enough to match the amount of demons in the room. John checked his radar and saw that his assumption was correct. There were still demons everywhere.

(I've got to seal those portals. Once I do that and clear the area, I can try and figure out a way to close them.), John thought as he prepared another attack for the surrounding demons.

John pushed his arms outward, causing all of the Darkness spikes to explode away from him and embed the magic shrapnel into the surrounding enemies. As soon as the spikes were gone and the shrapnel faded, John formed more darkness, only over the portals themselves, creating a pitch black wall over them.

(Now for the demons themselves.), John thought as he pulled out his MA5D Assault Rifle and his BR85HB SR Battle Rifle and fired a hail of armor piercing, FMJ, and high-explosive rounds at the oncoming demons, in order to conserve his darkness energy for the seals.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

Koishi somewhat pushed herself off the ground, and thanks to the megamerge, she wasn't bleeding much, and simply gave a thumbs up. Sariel, on the other hand, was slumped on the ground, face down, a pool of blood starting to form around her.

Some demons were torn apart by the bullets, while the armored ones were only pushed back by them. But then, the demons stopped, and cleared an area around John, as if expecting somebody.

Comment

Working...
                                X