X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near Base 7

"You don't have to apologize, it's understandable. We are fighting genetically programmed killing machines, but we'll be fine. Just as long as we keep our wits, we should all make it out in one piece.", the squad leader assured Chris.

"We're approaching Base 7.", one of the Spartans said to the squad leader and Chris with his communicator.

The Spartan squad of 20 was ready for heavy resistance, keeping to the trees and covering each other in case of an ambush.
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

Chris simply looked at the Spartan.

As soon as Chris got the message that they were nearing Base 7 via communicator Chris turned to the Squad Leader and nodded. "I guess that's our cue to catch up with the others..." Said Chris as he readied his Assault Rifle.

As Chris walked forward throughout the forest on the dirt road leading to the Base Chris got an uneasy feeling in his gut. "Hey... is it just me... or is this place oddly quiet? Even for a forest?" Asked Chris as suddenly out of nowhere a flock of birds are seemingly startled by something, causing them to all fly out of the trees near the squad of Spartan's up ahead.

Comment

Near Base 7

Right on cue, the Spartans closest to the disturbance checked their radars and readied their weapons while the others covered them.

"Do you see anything?", one of the Spartans quietly asked the others over his communicator.

"No, not yet.", the Spartan closest to the disturbance replied, ready for an attack.
        Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
        sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

As soon as the birds flew off into the distance a single red dot appears on their radar. It wasn't really moving fast... rather... it was moving slowly...
          Just as the dot on the radar draws near some movement could be heard coming from the bushes. Suddenly out of nowhere a Neo-Yakuza agent covered in blood, bite marks, and large tears in his skin stumbles out of the bushes. However just as the agent steps out of the bushes he falls to his knees... followed by the Neo-Yakuza immediately dropping to the ground. His body now limp as the Neo-Yakuza agent drew his last breath right there.

The Neo-Yakuza agent had just escaped from the Base after being attacked by god knows what. It appears that the agent had used the last of his energy trying to escape.

Chris who finally caught up to the group notices the Spartan's were at full alert as though something just happened. "What's going on?" Said Chris as he notices the dead Neo-Yakuza agent laying on the ground.

Comment

Near Base 7

"I don't know, but we're about to find out.", the Spartan closest to the dead agent said to Chris as he approached the body while three other Spartans covered him.

It was obvious that they were taking no chances with each other's safety. They were on high alert and prepared for the worst.
            sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

As Chris kept his eye on the dead body. Just by seeing the wounds on the agent he knew that he was most likely infected. "Those wounds were caused by Lickers... he's most likely infected with the T-Virus..." Said Chris as he aimed his Assault Rifle at the dead agent's head. Chris slowly approached the dead agent along with the other Spartan.

Suddenly Chris saw the warning. Suddenly the seemingly dead agent's eyes flew open, his pupil's were dead white. As the dead agent sprung back to life as a zombie it grabbed the approaching Spartan by the leg, and began trying to bite the Spartan.

Comment

Near Base 7

The zombified agent tried to bite the Spartan's armored leg, but was quickly met with a skull shattering blow from the Spartan's fist.

The punch was strong enough to instantly kill the zombie and cause a red smear all over the ground.

"Zombies... great...", the Spartan said as he stood back up.

"Be more careful next time. When in doubt, stab or shoot it in the head. Don't take any chances.", the squad leader said to the rising Spartan.

"Form up. We're going to check out what this guy was running from.", the squad leader then said to the rest of the group.

The other Spartans in the group gathered around, but kept their focus on the agent's direction, ready to fire at a moment's notice.
                sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

The zombie's body went limp once more as it was killed.

Chris was about to shoot the zombie in the head, but as soon as the Spartan shattered the Zombies head Chris sighed in relief. He then turned to the Spartan. "Remember everyone. Zombies are a byproduct of the T-Virus. Also judging by the wounds on the body the man was attacked by Lickers. You can tell by the large scratches and tears in the man's skin and clothing as well as the large hole in the man's shoulder. My guess was he must have been attacked by Lickers, and tried to escape. Sadly he didn't make it..." Said Chris as he stood back up. He then quickly regrouped with the Spartan's. "Wait a second... how many men were attacked and killed during the invasion on Prometheus Labs!?" Said Chris as he turned to the Squad Leader. A tone of panic could be sensed in his voice.

Comment

Near Base 7

"About 20 or 30 Spartans and about 40 security guards...", the squad leader said, knowing full well what Chris was getting at.
                    sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

"Send a message to the labs this instant and tell them to isolate the injured, and cremate the dead bodies unless they want a zombie outbreak in the labs. Even those that have been infected after they were seemingly killed can still rise back up due to the T-Virus."

Comment

Near Base 7

The squad leader nodded and contacted Prometheus Labs.

"Hello? This is Grey team. We have some important news. Everyone killed during the assault needs to be cremated and the injured need to be isolated. We could have an epidemic on our hands.", the squad leader said into his communicator.

Soon after, a voice came through from Prometheus Labs.

"Understood. We'll look into that. In the meantime, keep going. The sooner you guys infiltrate that base, the sooner you can blow it up.", the voice said.

Once the transmission ended, the squad leader turned over to Chris and spoke.

"Well, now we can just focus on the mission. If worst comes to worst, Six and the others will make short work of them.", the squad leader said.
                        Last edited by S121; 10-05-2013, 04:46 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

((Like my new pic? :P))
                          Near Base 7

Chris looked at the Squad Leader and sighed in relief. "Alright. Now let's go..." Said Chris as he readies his assault rifle. He along with the other Spartan's then began to cautiously make their way towards the direction the now dead agent came from.

Comment

Near Base 7

The Spartan squad continued to make their way towards the source of the injured agent, covering each other and keeping an eye out for danger.

After continuing the careful movements for a couple of minutes, one of the Spartans spoke into his communicator.

"I see nothing. Should we turn back and continue to the base?", the Spartan asked.
                            sigpic

Comment

Near Base 7

As they saw nothing in the area Chris responded to the Spartan via communicator. "Yes, there is nothing here... we should head back and continue with the mission..." Said Chris as he then spotted the trail of blood continuing into the bushes even further.

"Wait a second... the blood trail keeps going deeper..." Said Chris as he walked closer toward the bushes. As he did he quickly poked his head through the brush, then back out. "Nothing much... except there's another trail on the other side of these bushes."

Comment

Near Base 7

"Then we follow it and kill whatever created the trail.", the squad leader said as he motioned for the Spartans to follow the path.

The Spartan squad carefully followed the trail, making sure that they were not being ambushed. The forest was not familiar to them and would be easy to get lost in.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X