X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sector 2

Vergil looked at the Spartan as he re-sheathed his Yamato. However as soon as Robin entered the room Mundus's influence became even stronger. Indicated by Vergil flinching slightly due to a quick sharp pain surging through his head.

After that happened Vergil slowly reached for his blade... within an instant Vergil quickly dashed forward, his speed being so fast it's like he is teleporting. He dashed towards the Spartan, and quickly unsheathed his Yamato. Vergil slashed through the Spartan, however no marks were left on the Spartan's body... in fact no injuries are present... not until Vergil sheathes is Yamato...
    Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Sector 2 - Prometheus Labs

All of a sudden, the Spartan spun around and pulled out his Combat Knife.

He then threw it at the back of Vergil's head in one quick motion.

Meanwhile, Jack pulled out both of his Katanas and sprinted at Vergil, ready to eliminate the enemy.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Sector 2
        _________

Vergil sighed as he teleported to one end of the room to avoid the combat knife, he then proceeded sheath his Yamato. As soon as the click of his blade sliding back into it's scabbard the Spartan felt a very sharp pain in his torso as the sword's ability takes effect... a large cut through the Spartan's armor forms, as well as a large cut through the Spartan's torso. However it wasn't a deep cut, just enough to incapacitate him.

Vergil then turned to Jack. "Finally... a opponent willing to fight honorably..." He said as he dashed at Jack. Yamato was still in it's scabbard, and yet he was clashing it against Jack's blades. As Vergil was right in front of Jack he muttered something...

"Mundus will be pleased with this knowledge I have already retrieved... your combat abilities will be reported back to him... he shall rise once more... and no one shall stop him..." He said in that same warped tone...
        Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

Little did Vergil know that Jack was one of the best swordsmen in the world, due to his Spartan abilities and his extensive training with his blades. His skill with a sword even outmatched his skill with a gun. Vergil underestimated him.

As Jack kept slashing at Vergil, he also began to analyse Vergil's fighting style, finding small exploits at certain intervals of time. They were impossible for a normal human to see, but Jack's Spartan reflexes allowed him to see it. As each attack struck, Jack then began to channel his momentum into each strike, slicing faster and faster until he began to slice fast enough for his arms to blur. Jack feigned attacks and quickly turned his swords at varying angles, knicking and cutting Vergil's fingers every couple of hits.
          Last edited by S121; 09-27-2013, 12:38 PM.
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Sector 2

Suddenly, bolts of lightning struck between the Spartan and Vergil without warning.
            "Enough! We are about to face an opponent that has reportedly destroyed worlds, and you choose to fight for the sake of fighting?" Robin lowered his hand, still arcing with energy. "I have helped lead an army far smaller than any opposing legion, and have seen victory without losing a single soldier. If what we are about to fight is as powerful as I have heard, we need EVERYONE at their best if we even hope to stand a chance!"

Comment

The Consumer

Koishi pulled Isaac away for a moment.

"You know what this means, right?" Koishi whispered into his ear.

"This ship HAS to go down, before it hits another world." Koishi continued.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Sector 2
                _________

Jack was a skilled swordsman... far better than any other opponent Vergil had fought. However Vergil's skills as a swordsman was on par with his.

Despite Jack slashing through Vergil, Vergil's wounds already began healing due to the demonic blood of Sparda coursing through his veins.

However as the bolt of lightning coursed between the two Vergil stopped and turned to Robin. "I'm only doing as I am told... my master wishes for me to fight..." He said in that same warped tone before turning back to Jack. As he did blue spectral swords began to manifest in the air around Vergil. Vergil who is now no longer holding back rushed at Jack, the Summoned Swords kept appearing and flying at Jack. Vergil was able to summon these with just a mere thought. Meaning that Vergil was able to fight normally while he constantly fires a barrage of Summoned Swords at Jack. As he rushed at Jack he also unsheathed his Yamato. Now fighting with familiar Laido Style which involves him fighting with both sword and sheath.

Vergil then began to parry Jack's attacks effortlessly. His speed even matching Jack's. All the while a barrage of Summoned Swords kept flying at Jack.

Comment

The Consumer

Isaac turned towards Koishi and spoke.

"Oh, it will. Once I'm done with them, I'm going to blow the reactors and the interdimensional drive, taking out the whole ship.", Isaac said.

As the swords flew at Jack, he would quickly bob, weave, and spin out of the way, all while blocking Vergil's attacks and parrying. Thanks to Jack's Spartan Time, the swords crawled through the air, allowing Jack enough time to dodge while fighting. As Vergil performed another slice with his Yamato, Jack jumped over Vergil and sliced at him while above and upside-down.
                  Last edited by S121; 09-27-2013, 01:27 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sector 2

Vergil kept fighting, they were on par with each other in speed and skill. However Vergil had more technique, He had more experience. Ever since Vergil was young he began to hone his swordsmanship. Vergil quickly dashed back as Jack lunged into the air.
                    "I admire your skill... however it seems as though I am almost out of time..." Said Vergil as he quickly teleported out of the room, as he did a whole bunch of rifts filled the area, slicing anything they touch. Vergil then reappeared near the entrance to Sector 2.

"I now have everything I need for my master... he shall be pleased with the information I have retrieved about your skill... I shall now be off..." He said in the same warped tone as before. However after he said that he began to get enveloped in a dark shell of Demonic energy. Vergil then sank into the ground, now out of the way. Leaving everyone free to do what they need.

Comment

The Consumer

"What is going on?" Dominus barged into the crumbling chamber. "Why is the world being Devoured?"

"That's what we're trying to find out." Yukari sighed.

"This is madness!" Dominus cursed, kicking the scrap metal with blazing kick that incinerated the metal. "The plan was foolproof! There's no way he could've... anticipated..."
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Jack stood there and quickly sheathed his blades.

"I don't think he's coming back.", Jack said in an emotionless tone.

The injured Spartan stood back up and went to go get medical attention. Thanks to his Ceramic Carbide bones, he was safe from getting sliced in half.

"Well, that's one Spartan out of commission, but it looks like he'll be fine.", Daniel said as he turned to Robin.

The Consumer

Finally, John spoke.

"Where is he?", John asked Yukari and Dominus in an emotionless tone.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Who was he? I recognized him but..." Robin watched the injured Spartan leave. "...it didn't seem like he was the same person..."
                          He shook his head. "Anyway, to more pressing matters. So let me see if I understand correctly...we are a group of about thirty strong going up against an army of unknown proportions of possibly superior beings? We'll have to definitely fight smart to survive. What is the normal tactics that you all use in this sort of situation...if you have ever encountered such a thing before?"

Comment

The Consumer

"I don't kno-" Yukari stuttered, but stopped and stood rigid. She's having a vision.

Yukari's Vision

"Tell me more about this Devourer fellow, Valenciel. If he had no friends, where did he hang out?"

"There's a forbidden cave near the capital of Heaven... called the Cave of Screams. Mischievous angels use the cave as ghost-spots and hazing locations. The Devourer... used the cave as his hideout."

The Consumer

"Everyone." Yukari called to everyone in the chamber. "I have one more order to give you."
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

The Consumer

John stood up and turned to Yukari.

"What do we need to do?", John said in an emotionless, yet tired, angry, and sorrowful tone.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Consumer

Yukari silently walked over to a small capsule near the bay window. It was an airtight chute.

"Don't follow me."

Yukari jumped down the chute. She will not allow Gensokyo to be devoured after all this effort. Whatever sacrifices she will require, she will give.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X