X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Neo and Zekai

I'm giving Neo's character Jessica, Raylin, and Katrix's new character Dorm Number 106 A of the female dorms. Have fun~! Oh and I'm working on a post for TSU right now.

Comment

@ Neo

uhm

Weak bullet turns ANYTHING into a weak point, hence its name.
      Drops Defense of a certain part of a target for a minute to 0 and gives a 3x multiplier to any damage dealt to the point where WB was applied.

And Lisa currently is tapping into Gunner Tree, which is designed for close to medium range combat (Ranger is long to medium) which has one move that grants so many invincibility frames (dodging)
      I call it Matrix Dodging where the special dodge of the Gunner's TMGs is pretty much a side flip where one can attack while having invincibility frames (aka attacks miss the player in mid flip)
      Let's just say it will be one hell of a battle cause Gunner tree is designed for evasion, it takes large and constant AoE attacks to pin down a Gunner.

Now, Gunner does have less damage output and relies more on DPS so I figure that if she doesn't apply WB with her rifle, the TMGs are minimal. so that's the main deal. High evasion, low raw damage output but high DPS.

@ Wriggs

I need ye in banished library.

Comment

@Cucoo

Oh. Well when I first read your post it was before the edit where you said it turns anything into a weakpoint, and as such I thought it only affected actual weak points.

EDIT:

Also Prometheus also has quite a bit of AoE attacks from summoning pillars of fire in the area to strike opponents evertwhere, creating a fiery cyclone, and even causing spikes to emerge from the ground.

In other words I think Prometheus vs Lisa and X will be an interesting battle. Just remember I kind of do want at least X to get messed up badly.
        Last edited by NeoFox; 01-17-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

@Cuckoo
          Alright.

I'll also send you the idea stuff for Noire.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

@ Neo

Yea, ^^;

WB is the one thing that gives a team any chance at bosses with insane Def. ...if there was such a thing in PSO2...
            But as I would say, It's the playing field equalizer...and it has a time limit of about 60 seconds (as its cooldown is 90 seconds) and it loads 4 bullets.
            And I'm not even talking about the Photon Arts...

Comment

Oh double post:

Here's a pro at PSO2 that created a description of all the classes in the game with their strengths and weaknesses.

Gunner:
              A nimble, close ranged powerhouse with potent long ranged capabilities as well, Gunner makes for an excellent solo class. The Twin Mechgun's weapon action has the Gunner perform a side or backflip during which the player is completely invulnerable yet still able to attack. Many PAs involve positional kicks and dives with something for every occasion.

Chain Trigger marks a target much like Weak Bullet, but does not take effect right away. The Gunner's party can build the displayed chain up anywhere from 1 to 100 hits, which will make subsequent attacks stronger once it is activated when struck by one of the Gunner's PAs. Other party members cannot activate someone else's CT, but their own PAs will count towards the chain combo. Also unlike WB, only the Gunner's immediate party can see or interact with the CT, not anybody else in the MPA, and only the Gunner themself will get the damage boost.

Sustainable DPS Build:
              The idea is to stack a lot of general damage boosts that are always active while regening PP during the SRoll that you should be using to start every PA to double your damage. But note that SRoll Up/Arts themselves do not get any bonus from JA, so these should not be used for damage purposes, only PP regen (for which SRA is counter productive).

Without ever switching from the Twin Mechguns, this build still has a lot of utility and damage, either at close range or from a distance, to a single target or many, and is not obligated to hit weak points as their only form of damage. Of course, with everything at once you can see some insane numbers, and it's easier to achieve than when subbing Ranger.

Burst Damage Build:
              Its ace in the hole is the deadly WB+CT combo for achieving incredible maximum damage on a single target on a cooldown. That doesn't mean you can neglect the other three WBs in your rifle, as simply going AFK between each shot could still add up to more total damage than your own little party trick.

Your general TMG (or even rifle) damage doesn't suffer too much of a drop compared to the /Hu builds, albeit with a much higher reliance on weak points, though you should always be looking for an opportunity to use your Chain Trigger. And not to a 100 hit combo, either. About 20 or 30 hits gives you the greatest bonus per hit, and any more can actually end up being less damage over time, even if you don't miss the Chain Finish which is entirely likely.

The extra points in SRoll Up and SRArts are mainly for building up your Chain and doing respectable damage doing it, since neither will set off the Finish. They can also boost your general damage since you can shoot before getting your SRoll JA.
              Ranger
              Ranger is a high damage potential, mid to long range class with several support options. The support is mostly trumped by the high damage options that Ranger has under the right conditions, especially since many enemies have Ranged-specific weak spots (the head). Weak Bullet (WB) alone makes Ranger a desirable class, since it not only turns any one point on a target into a weak spot for Ranger's own passive damage multipliers, but it also grants everyone triple damage on the target which stacks with whatever regular weakness the enemy already had.

While rifles are the obvious boss killers since they're tied to WB, launchers and gunslashes are your AoE trash mob cleanup tools. You'll want to carry all three to maximize your damage potential in every situation, with a Hunter sub for the best damage multipliers available.

Pure DPS Build:
              Maximizing damage on your Ranged attacks, with frequent usage of Weak Bullet to further boost your and your party's damage by 3x. I can't stress this enough, but Weak Bullet is the best support in the game, allowing everyone multiple chances to deal vastly increased damage that stacks with any and all skills and effects (except more WB, that only refreshes the effect, maximum one per enemy at a time).

Killing Bonus doesn't directly increase your damage, but it can be surprisingly helpful at times. That said, each point isn't significant, since it's only 1 PP per kill, so you could choose to max Weak Hit Blast Bonus, First Hit, or Trap Search with your spare SP along with however much from KB as necessary.

Weak Hit Blast Bonus is fairly minor since Rangers should be getting a full PB gauge quick enough already, not to mention the PB itself is not helpful enough to be using regularly.

First Hit doesn't boost every hit in a multi-hit PA, so only a launcher could get much use out of it for mobbing. Against bosses, even if you do get the first hit, WB actually deals a bit of damage on its own, so First Hit will never stack.

Trap Search is for relief from a common annoyance and not so much extra damage or anything. If the other skills don't catch your heart, we finally have enough SP to justify taking this skill (along with Just Reversal if you can't fit it on your subclass).

Comment

@NeoFox

YAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!! A FELLOW ZERO/ZX PLAYER!!! MAJOR HUG!

I was thinking of doing the ZX armors as a part of Zero's summoning magic and Zero's Mythos look as a last resort.

EDIT: @SUS

Ok.
                Last edited by Zekai; 01-17-2014, 04:53 PM.
                "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Zekai

Well... I don't just play Mega Man Zero, and ZX. I play the classic, and X Mega Man games as well.

My main chars in ATWAG are the characters from Mega Man X series.

X, Axl, Zero (X and Zero as their MMX incarnations), Alia, Layer, and Pallette. As well as Chris and Claire Redfield...

I also have the biometals in this. Currentl Hank (controlled by Mima) has Model Z, Koishi (Controlled by Mima) has Model X, and Ocelot (from Metal Gear controlled by Wonder) has Model F. Have yet to introduce the other Biometals.

I also like MM Classic, MMX, and MMZ a bit more than Legends, and ZX but I do enjoy the games for what they are.

Comment

@Neo

I played/own all of them, except for the classics, only played 1 and 2 and i have the Maverick Hunter X game for psp but other than that, play and/or own the others.
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Wonder

What do you mean by "he suddenly stopped"?
                      Originally posted by S121
                      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                      sigpic

Comment

And the final part of the puzzle (minus the marked location of the final switch) has been revealed.

I've updated the OOC post concerning it so if anyone wants to try and solve it now, feel free to do so

I want to see you all try...ufufufufu~

Comment

@ S1
                          Just what it means.. He stopped. Everything.

Anyways my phone is dying. See you all in a few minutes, maybe hours.

Comment

@Wonder

One more question.

When Otori "stopped", did he go limp, or is he frozen in place like a robot?

@NeoFox

Do you want e to start up Chris and Claire's story lines?
                            Originally posted by S121
                            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                            sigpic

Comment

@ Neo

Brace yourself...
                              Prometheus is about to get his a$$ juggled.

Juggling: Verb
                              The act of stringing together PAs (Photon Arts) that launch enemies into the air in conjunction with normal attacks to suspend the enemy indefinitely thus rendering them unable to retaliate.

Of course, I see Prometheus's teleport ability as what will break Lisa's combo....

Comment

Backs.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X