Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S121!!!!! YOU'RE BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

Sent by Tapatalk
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ

Our Raven Lord has returned! The hype! The hype! The... sleepiness...
      Seriously, it's 4:05AM right now... Any longer and I'll definitely go crazy...

But praise the Utsuho! The hype is real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJGLL1bdrW4
      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
      My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
      My NNID: OfficialTRXD
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

S1, you're back!

Damn, you were gone for a long time.

But hold up, lemme do something first.

@ Major
        (Not sure that you remember, but)Remember why I considered you like Big Boss?

I REDACT NOTHING!

(Salutes to Major Boss)

Comment

I tried holding it in but I can't. I'm getting this out of my chest and if I get banned or shunned for it fine.

I am very disappointed in how the RP group has turned into. I understand you all have things to do in real life, but I've been observing and I see people that hardly get active anymore. Those that do stay active, I see way too many half-assed posts, including from myself.

I shouldn't really do this, but I have to point out what I see is everyone's problem from what I see.

Me, I have hard times paying attention to details that do not affect me directly. I don't read posts thoroughly, especially long posts that involves a character's thoughts.

Pringles, you put way too much time and effort and details in things that you don't necessarily need, and you always tackle and debate people's ideas. You also seem to have trouble conveying emotion and action.

Kristia, you post without thinking of what others may post. It isn't once where others or yourself had to edit because your post conflicted with others'. You also seem to rush your post. I see a grammar error almost every post you make

SUS you get bored way too easily and hardly initiates posts which causes the storyline to clog.

Zekai you're the direct opposite of Pringles. I hardly see you make a post with more than 3 sentences.

TRXD you're flaw is similar to Pringles, but while Pringles puts too much detail in his apps you put too much detail in individual posts. It gets redundant. We get that Trista is shy. Don't have to fill 5 paragraph essay with everything.

Katrix you are a mod only by title. You and Cuckoo hardly were active ever since FTB server came on. You needed to be a role model, but all you did were close threads.

Mima you need to stop being indifferent about everything. If you don't care about things we talk about, then we don't care about things you talk about. Soon enough we, or at least I, would stop caring about you at all.

Wonder you think IC posts are OOC. If you want to add the little OOC thoughts do it in the OOC thread properly instead of putting it in a parenthesis.

Major your character choices are always dark. Juri Han, Sarah Hunnigan, that one agent from Resident Evil... I see no comedy in them. It's dry.

Serene you seem to have hard time finding motivation to post. I see you on Mumble all the time but during that time I would be lucky if I saw you catch up to posts.

Titanium you're new so I don't have anything to sa-

PSYKE

You post without reading what others wrote. And you seem to have hard times immersing yourself into your character.

The past few months while Pringles was gone really made me lose faith in this RP forum. You can either enlighten yourself, or ignore me and bash me for "Making a rant." If something doesn't happen, if you heed these reckonings as nothing more than a ruse to earn attention, then we will not go forward. Yukkuricraft community will continue to brand us as melodramatic pricks, and I will rather leave than be branded as such any longer.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

I won't deny what was said. I need to do longer and better detialed posts. I won't bash you cause it's true.

Sent by Tapatalk
            "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I'm not being sarcastic here. I'm being serious. Out of all the people, you have the balls to step up and express what you think of other people. I do NOT care if this is considered ranting, I think that this is actually extremely useful constructive criticism for those who are in the RP thread. And to the feedback given from you, I actually agree for mine, as most of a time I'm in a hurry to do things according to schedule, so I can easily get things done. This makes it worse as I am a pretty slow reader, which can potentially delay my schedule. Thanks for clarifying that, most of my flaws are usually identified through other people rather than myself. So, thank you Wriggle.

As for anyone trying to hate on this, I believe that instead of typing up a hater message, you should just take the advice and leave, because keeping yourself the same would not do much good, as you would not improve whatsoever. Advice from other people are more valuable than advice from yourself, as you can be either too optimistic (making you think that you have no flaws whatsoever, even though you have some) or too pessimistic (vice versa.) Personally, I am more of a pessimistic person when it comes to self feedback, as I focus more on improving my own flaws rather than identifying my good points.

Again, thanks for putting up this post, I believe that it is valuable material for those who are listed on the post.
              Spoiler:

tfw someone tries to shitpost

"Do not fear duress of any kind, even if determined or even pure;
              rather, fear the clout of the glaring mantle at your side, ready to conserve."

Comment

I have grammar error, can´t argue with that, but when I can check for them, I do edit the post for that (or I forget and don´t check)

In the rushing part of posts, there are times were I wait almost for a day or two and when I do post, someone comes telling me he/she had this post prepared since a day or two and I have to edit/erase my post. If I get the notice that X person is busy for X reason, then I wait for him/her, but if there is nothing, then I do post.

I seriously don´t mind being labeled as "melodramatic", even more since I haven´t been called that here and I wonder where you are being called like that, is it in mumble or the server?

This forum is to have fun, and I do enjoy whatever thing we talk about.

If you are seriously thinking about leaving the forum, why bottle everything? You could have told us about it, and if you did, I´m sorry if I didn´t see it

I will take your advice Wriggle, but please don´t do anything drastic

EDIT: it is 3:18 AM, time to go to sleep

night
                Last edited by Kristia; 07-16-2014, 04:18 AM.
                Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

I'm already speaking with you in Mumble, so we're already talking about all of it.

I told you that I feel like my posts are wooden and feel that I need to make the Characters more animated. It's something I have always known about and still have yet to figure this one out.

As fore the detail, I'll admit that I can get caught up in the technobabble and explanations, leaving anyone that that doesn't know about the concepts I'm talking about scratching their heads. Of course, when I start getting into the technobabble, I really start to have fun. I like to figure out how each and every component could possibly work. I love it when the wheels in my head are turning. I love it when my mind is occupied with things. I love to think. Of course, it's bad for everyone else, especially with what I said above. I need to find a balance between both my perspective and others'.

I also make very detailed posts because I want to let people know what my characters are capable of. I approach everything with technobabble because I can then explain that their OPness is well within the bounds of reality. I guess I believe that if I can give a reason why my characters are powerful, then it makes my characters reasonable and not as OP as they seem. Not only that, it keeps myself honest. It makes sure that I don't pull anything out of my @$$ and allows others to see that I'm not just making things up as I go along. Of course, this can sometimes be a problem because even though I make detailed posts, there's always something missing from them, or mistakes that make entire sections confusing. For example, John's app has mistakes in the items section and spellcards. I still need to rewrite parts and try to fix inconsistencies.

Also, I forgot to mention this. I'm only going to be here for 2-3 days, but I at least know now that I'll be really back in either August or September.
                  Last edited by S121; 07-16-2014, 08:30 AM.
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                    @ Major
                    Remember why I considered you like Big Boss?
                    Because I created the RP forum community before falling from grace.

----
                    @Wriggle

Long story short, shut up and think for a moment before you open your mouth.

Now for the long story. I'm not going to try and keep you around, Wriggle. I remember the first few weeks of this forum community and how AtWaG went about. I called you out on something or critiqued your application and you got all moody. You even changed your avatar to a sad-looking Wriggle hugging herself on the ground as snow fell around her. The only 'melodramatic prick' here besides me is you.

My characters are dark not because I specifically seek them out to be but because the characters I love of relate the most to happen to be unhappy or have problems of their own. You don't honestly expect a woman who got impregnated by her mutant father and infected with a freak virus to be all sunshine and happiness now, do you? Must I remind you, Wriggle, that I have been struggling with depression without others to turn to? I haven't made a single friend since I started college two and a half years ago.

But this isn't about me. No, this is all about you! Your 'advice' towards me is nothing more than a piss-poor observation. You can criticize me all you want, but someday you'll have to accept responsibility for your own actions. Don't fly off the handle and attack everyone else either. I'm not going to hover over you and beg you to stay, and to hell with me lifting up your spirits. You've broken your own spirit, and for that, I am disappointed in you.

I am having a fucking shitty day and you've went and made it worse. Come back with a level head or don't come back at all.

Sent from my iPhone
                    Last edited by Major Mario; 07-16-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

@Wriggle
                      I have no comments to say about this.

I really just want to flesh out my characters and make sure that my posts don't seem that half-assed. Sure, they may be massive and a pain in the ass to read (to the extent where it bugs me that people do not read them) but what else am I supposed to do?
                      Sure, my points may get repeated occasionally (a thing that I've been trying my hardest to negate) but I need to show the readers and other RPers as to what is going. Details that weren't posted never happened. Those that are unwritten are left to speculation. And while that can be used to one's advantage in adding depth to one's story, I try to be translucent with my characters. Notice the translucency. I don't reveal all the cards in my hand but I make people aware of my character's game plan and their reactions to a situation. Yes, a character base personality is known from the start. But you can never really know what to expect from them. Maybe they will act differently to certain situations. Fears, interests, unwritten quirks about a character. That! Is what I try to get across.

Listen, I can understand where you're getting at. But it's really hard to adapt my current style into a way that flows well without fault. Everyone will have errors. Mine is over responsivity. But it's how I literally formulate posts. I rather want to be there for moments that RPers try to make apparent while adding in my character's reactions. And while it does get stale, I do try to mix it up. But this staleness has its reasons outside of my repetivity. Sometimes, that's the fault of the RP not moving fast enough and too many points are made within a single RP day. Other times, it is all my fault.

And please don't bring the greater Yukkuricraft community into this. I don't want to be tangled into this mess that people (will not say names except Cucoo) have caused. All I just want is people to get along and have a good time. When I came into this community, I sought out a new thing to do while making new friends. And while I may have achieved said goals, I don't want them to tarnish relations. I don't want myself or this community to be seen in a bad light. I've tried to convince Shmi and a couple of others to think otherwise about this community but it's hard. And it doesn't help that I'm so scared to do anything.

If you leave due to such selfish reasons, know that the community will only think worse of us and of you. If you really want this place to shape up and to get the community to like us more, then we'll do that. But we need to coordinate ourselves, organise ourselves (yeah, coming from a chaos dweller here), show that we are not always infighting and that we are not complete assholes. We need a game plan. But Wriggle, this post of yours is not it. For what it's worth, it is merely going to spur more drama and worsen your situation. If you want us to change, do it in a less offensive manner. Politely ask people about it. This is what we're supposed to be about. We help. We do not use force. To use force only sparks drama. And drama is what is bringing us down. We can worry about writing styles once we can actually find a system that works. And let me ask you something, Wriggle. If you do leave this RP community for fear of your Yukkuricraft reputation being tarnished, where will you go? You do realise that literally no-one here associates you with anything outside of RP. Face it, Wriggle. If you leave now, you have nowhere to go in this place. But if you stay here, then we can at least turn this miserable state of ours around. Change is done through the actions and will of man. To leave now means that you are unwilling to change. Do you wish for change or do you wish to take the easy way out, Wriggle? Which is it? Are you our friends or do you merely wish for us to rot?
                      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 07-16-2014, 09:34 AM.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@ S1

And...
                        Well this is an interesting development.

First I just want to restate: I'm "retiring" because my gamer side pretty much bitchslapped any other part of me into submission. Plus the fact that what little energy I have left for writing I want to expend on actually attempting to write out EG as a proper book. Even though I have more the same problem that S1 has. I love working on the technical side of things and planning them out, but then I have trouble translating that into...actual story.
                        But that's more my problem and I know that nobody's happy with what I'm doing even though I want to try and tie up the loose ends...

Comment

@ wriggle

Yea, I guess I can hold my OOC thoughts for the general discussion.

I personally think that I've had a rough start. I began with inconsistency. Yelling at people who are actually halfway across the world. Then I straightned out, but still rp'd like a n00b. At some point I got lazy and decided not to post locations and instead indicated poorly that the next person is talking. Soon enough I fixed that as well. I was pretty decent in my opinion at rp-ing from thereon forth.

But I'm ashamed in myself now because, well, I've noticed I have started to lose interest in rp-ing altogether. Trust me, I don't want to leave any time soon, but I feel like I'm losing the initial drive to keep checking for new updates. And this isn't just about S1 leaving for a period of time. It went deeper than that.

Call me out for wanting the worst, but... I miss when it was alright to machine-gun post.

I said it. I liked machine-gun posting. Is it because I wanted to aggrivate the mods? No. It's because whenever we did, I didn't have to wait for anyone. I would just sit at the computer and click the new posts button. We were interacting at speeds that we haven't gotten close to reaching since my earlier days. Not only that, when it was us, those who have been rp-ing since the olden days, we could actually somewhat control that speed. We could handle the machine-guns in our hands. Now I feel like I don't want to leave it in the trophy case anymore.

I say this at the risk of losing everyone's respect (given you had any to begin with). Especially to who I think is the king and higher rp-er, Major. Feel free to address me with open criticism.
                          Last edited by wonderweiss; 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                            Call me out for wanting the worst, but... I miss when it was alright to machine-gun post.
                            There's nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Machine-gun posting was like having a back and forth conversation with another player that didn't get too in detail. When we as human beings engage in conversation, we don't lean back and take in everything that another person says, weighing options and thinking. We react quickly with words of our own, and this machine-gun posting captured that. Now when we are required to make paragraphs and long posts it looks like we're just trying too hard.

You've hit the nail on the head and have spoken the words I never had the nerve to say, Wonder.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Just so you know, thanks to Wriggle's words and my befouled mood. I'm not going to post today at all. I'm rather infuriated as to how my day has gone and I can't think as to what to do.

And let's not talk about my induced paranoia derived from this revelation. Now I can barely think as to how to structure my posts without getting more flak.

Comment

Ya know, I don't know why but I knew that the rest of the community didn't like us rp folks...

Comment

Working...
                                X