X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iam here prepared when you need me, also this will help with my therapy XP
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

So how is everyone today?

@Kristia

Oh yeah quick note about something I forgot to mention in my last post in ATWAG. If the group tries to follow the road AWAY from Henir's Time and Space Silent Hill the group will encounter a sheer drop as though there is a large cliff leading to a bottomless abyss preventing the group from heading away from the replica town. In fact much like in the games if the group were to try and leave the town they will just encounter that deep sheer drop leading into an empty abyss.

Also I hope Wonder posts soon, and has Jack notice the blue note on the Silent Hill sign left by Luto for the group giving them their first and only direct clue of what their goal is.

Comment

I´m doing ok in my break between classes, writing a new chapter for my story

also, Wonder, Alonso is needed in MSF
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm back and on it.

And as far as the game project, I'm flexible in many regions, but I'm fond in sound tracking and composition. So the thing is turn based? Like final fantasy?

And I need you in tsu SUS

Comment

Good news, bad news, other news

Good news, I'm having EG Phoenix reopened because I figured out a few more things

Bad news is that I'm having all other parts of EG deleted.

Other news is that I finally, after almost 2 years, have found this song again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-xMwg5YlY

Comment

so.. what will happen?

Spoiler:

Comment

Phoenix is going to be opened again. But all other instances of the existence of EG will be eradicated. Therefore EG Phoenix will become wholly independent and bear very little ties to the main EG storyline. Therefore less of me meddling in the affairs of the RP.

Comment

ok then, Im ready

Spoiler:

Comment

I'll still have to wait for S1 though.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

@Wonder

Hmm... well that could really help out a lot then Wonder. Also yes turn based, like old school JRPG's. It will battles like older jrpg titles, but we need to think of a game mechanic to add more to the combat. Then again we might also go for a 2D side scrolling action game of sorts. We could also pull off a Metroidvania style game with that idea, but I think we should wait a bit longer (like when S1 gets back hopefully this month.)

Also I'll try and post in TSU right away.

Comment

@ Mima and Kristia

aye
                        Luckily the delay will give me time to rewrite the OOC OP to reflect the changes so that everything makes sense.
                        I'm pretty much starting from scratch without starting from scratch...which doesn't make any form of sense but that's exactly what's happening.

The most significant change will be the fact that I leave everything to you all except one small detail.
                        Ok first off think any game with dungeons in existence. You know how they always seem to have a chest or something at the end with loot? I leave the "dungeons/ruins/etc" to you all but I control some of the end loot. i.e. when the group finds a keystone. This allows me to not do anything except decide when and where specific items that are tied to what madness I've set up at the beginning appear so that it doesn't completely ignore it but at the same time it's not at the forefront of anything.

Luckily when everyone gets out of the Manor and Ignis is done with her warning, I don't need to do anything with characters until things finally happen pertaining to that part. I could walk away and just let everything happen until that day comes. So it simplifies my role to minimal status. So loot and the day my little nonsense comes to an end (And Pocket Ciceros but not really). That's all I would do in it.

Comment

Know what'd be funny? Bullet hell style. Freaking magic style bullets dancing in your face.

What else might fit is a mega-man-esque type game. Platforming plus final boss rooms. Then add a little of touhou by adding mid-bosses. I do have the idea for a power bar leading to a special move, but that would take too long. But if that's a good idea, maybe we can add a street-fighter kind of multiplayer versus. Not changing the style, but a kind of megaman vs. megaman in a room fighting. Maaaayyyyyybbbbeeee add combos towards spells, but this is all wishful thinking in the end.

Real question is do you want full on compositions or cheesy 16-bit thing?

Comment

well.. TR spoke about a similar idea Wonder, he even had soundtrack for many of the characters

Spoiler:

Comment

@Wonder

Really depends on the mood we will want for any of the areas, and scenarios.

As for the gameplay I think a old "Metroidvania" style gameplay would be awesome, you know like how Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and Portrait of Ruin (and others). I think that style of gameplay would probably be best. I know it's done before, but other than an older turn based RPG style a Metroidvania style sidescroller would probably be a good option.

Also if we were to make a Multiplayer versus... that would be interesting, but it would also be interesting if we added a Multiplayer co-op. But we would need to find a way to add multiplayer support for it.

But yeah as for the music I would say it would be hard to think of. 16 bit music can be epic, and dramatic.

For example the song Laughing Mad from the end of FFVI from the snes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc

Comment

Alright, I'll experiment with both.

But for now, I bid ye all a good night.

Comment

Working...
                                X