Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kristia

Sounds nice.

Anyways, as for the "Radiation Shotgun", it only becomes radioactive when fired, and the radiation only affects everything in front of the user like a normal shotgun. The radiation quickly dissapates, but not before causing a lot of damage. The nuclear reaction occurs when the trigger is pulled, and thanks to t he dense metals of the gun, the radiation does not leak out of the gun and harm the user. If course, it probably wouldn't harm the user anyway, due to them wearing RIG suits, or at least the Engineering-class suits would protect against radiation.

As for the laser, it should be fine for however long you hold it. After all, you will run out of ammo long before it has a chance of overheating. I would say that a continuous 8 second stream would burn through the entire "clip", forcing you to reload. It's kind of like a Flamethrower in that regard. You can increase its capacity for extra ammo, but firing the weapon for so long is bad for your ammo consumption. I would say that it's a higher tier than the Flamethrower in terms of damage, but nowhere near as powerful as the Contact Beam. It's like the sniper version of the Flamethrower. Hmm... Maybe it will use gas as its ammo, kind of like the gas-based lasers of today. In the end, it doesn't need overheating as a balance, it's ammo consumption is its balancing factor, much like the Flamethrower.

Also, how should we treat inventories? How will we keep track of them?
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

that is a good question

I suggest taking what each person can take to be reasonable with what they could carry
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

I was thinking more of having a weight system, like how every inventory should be :^)
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

exactly Wriggle
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia and Wriggle

I was simply thinking of ripping Dead Space's inventory system. We would each have a maximum of 25 slots for ammo, health, and supllies, then we could either follow DS 1&2's 4 weapon slots, or DS3's 2 hybrid weapons. Not unless we allow a person to carry either 4 DS1&2 style weapons, 2 DS3 style weapons, or 1 DS3 style weapon and 2 DS1&2 style weapons.

Back to the slots, I think you first start out with 5 or 10 slots, right? I think it might be 10...

What do you guys think about the DS game inventory system?
            Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
            sigpic

Comment

I´m ok with that as long as it is humanly possible to carry such items

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Of course, of course. I'm thinking that the slots would only work for med packs, stasis recharge modules, air canisters, ammo, scematics, and scrap/weapon parts. I don't expect someone to carry 500 pounds of equipment in their pockets. It's strictly Dead Space rules for me.

Oh, and a separate slot for DS nodes. ;p

Also, I'm already on chapter 11/12 on Dead Space. XD
                sigpic

Comment

Guys I'm beginning to feel a lot better personally, feeling less stressed. I think I am capable of properly RPing again.

Also VERY quick, and somewhat important question (well important to me, and S1) but... does anyone remember my old RP Infinite Project?

Comment

Nope, I heard the name but that's it.

Sent by Tapatalk
                    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

@Sus

Inbox is full. You also might want to delete sent messages too.
                      sigpic

Comment

@S121

Fixed, try sending a message now.

Comment

@Sus

Done.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S121 View Post
                            I don't expect someone to carry 500 pounds of equipment in their pockets.
                            Everyone knows that's Doomguy's job, which he then runs at mach speeds with it.

Also, on an unrelated note, working on some more art. Madness Combat related this time. Decided to use a very different style. Pen, more dark colors. It's really coming out nicely.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

The infinity project... Why does that sound familiar?

Comment

I dug into it. It's an RP made by Sustic that's based on the future involving superhumans and half-breeds.
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X